Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    user 'jools.' has been banned because hes an imposter of user 'jools'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools.)
    During times of political upheavel and radical change we have seen the effects of temporary anarchy. During revolution etc throughout history. From this we know that it causes untold chaos.
    I guess it boils down to which environment you can handle better. I agree that both are really bad... but an environment that is too controlled and makes you behave in a certain way against your will is the worst possible scenario I could imagine..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools.)
    During times of political upheavel and radical change we have seen the effects of temporary anarchy. During revolution etc throughout history. From this we know that it causes untold chaos.
    Yes, but as you said it was only temporary. In the long run it could sort itself out.

When i did politics my teacher gave me an example of some roadworks at a junction and the traffic lights weren't working. the first day was chaos; everyone was jumping in front of each other and no-one was going anywhere. By the third day everyone was civil and letting each other in, and the traffic was actually moving.

i know it may seem a bit inferior comparing roadworks to a whole society. But an anarchic society may sort itself out given a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Unfortunately i will be doing my mundane job and will be un-able to. I wouldn't march anyway, i'd have better plans for Mr Bush than a little march.
    I doubt it will be "little"!! I still think you should consider going to it.. it will be on til 7pm..

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think i should go to it? You don't even know what my views about the war were. (unless you've looked at my other posts)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Why do you think i should go to it? You don't even know what my views about the war were. (unless you've looked at my other posts)
    Well if I remember rightly you said that "if I weren't working I'd go and protest about Bush being here".. I just thought you would like to know that it went on til late so you could still go.. but its fine if you don't want to.. its free country after all

ReputationRep:
    It's just i don't see the point of some of the marches. There was a huge march with maybe 200,000 people and where did it get them?? Nowhere, the war still went on.

2 weeks into the war there's another march against the war. What's the point? The war already started and there was realy no reason to go as nothing they could do was going to stop the war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    It's just i don't see the point of some of the marches. There was a huge march with maybe 200,000 people and where did it get them?? Nowhere, the war still went on.

2 weeks into the war there's another march against the war. What's the point? The war already started and there was realy no reason to go as nothing they could do was going to stop the war.
    I don't think the stop the war marches did nothing.. I mean they may not have actually stopped Britain invading Iraq but they sure as hell put the spotlight and political pressure on Blair, Cook and Short resigned and then theres the Hutton inquiry..

The fact that so many people turned up caught the media's attention and they have consequently hounded Blair about this issue because they know that people have strong views against it

It would be dangerous if everyone had that opinion..

ReputationRep:
    It would be dangerous to have the view that whatever you do will not effect the outcome. But in this case the marches did not stop the war. I'm more of a believer of the saying "actions speak louder than words"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    I agree, that is utterly disgusting!
    It makes me sick, how can you compare an evil maniac to Sharon and Bush?
    Words don't describe how evil hitler was. Bush and Sharon are not out to kill people, they are out to make peace, and the sooner you realise that the better because meanwhile you're talking a load of rubbish!!!!!

Omg!!!!
    Are you a child?
    Sharon makes peace? Yep, building a wall.
    Bush makes peace? Yep, he kills afgans and iraqies.

Is that your peace?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    Are you a child?
    Sharon makes peace? Yep, building a wall.
    Bush makes peace? Yep, he kills afgans and iraqies.

Is that your peace?
    in a roundabout sort of way, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    in a roundabout sort of way, yes.
    First of all, I didn't ask you.
    Second, I already knew that you were a child, that's why I didn't ask you.

I'm not talking to you at all vienna95 :
    "please do not return."

ReputationRep:
    Second, I already knew that you were a child, that's why I didn't ask you.
    wasnt that the first? *laughing*

ReputationRep:
    wasnt that the first? *laughing*
    No, it was an explanation, to a child of course.

Don't answer me, I don't want to talk to you, I don't have nothing to do with fascists.

ReputationRep:
    No, it was an explanation, to a child of course.

Don't answer me, I don't want to talk to you, I don't have nothing to do with fascists.
    hahaha

ReputationRep:
    hahaha
    It's not a joke, you make me sick, and I don't care what you think.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a joke, you make me sick, and I don't care what you think.
    Lol- wow I sympthaise with you Eternal.. you can never argue with facists or conservatives.. (although they are pretty similar)..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Lol- wow I sympthaise with you Eternal.. you can never argue with facists or conservatives.. (although they are pretty similar)..
    two points

1- he wasnt arguing. he was being offensive.
    2 - fascism is entirely opposite to conservatism on almost every conceivable level. although, im sure you knew that, didnt you?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2003
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.