Turn on thread page Beta

Broken friendship watch

Announcements

My best mate has not spoken to me for 5 months and has been brainwashed against me by his girlfriend. I feel really upset as we were good friends and I trusted him. I also feel angry that I am being ignored and can't move on without an explanation. His girlfriend gets jealous of anyone who does better than her in life and spreads lies. I am feeling quite depressed now as the time is passing and hate regrets. Me and a different friend fell out for a year before but that was due to nastiness on their half. Has anyone fell out before and made up?

ReputationRep:
    I am having the same sort of thing happen at the moment, my friend just moved in with her bf and has really distanced herself from her friends.

I try not to read into it too much though, j just have to accept that she is changing but she knows that i'm there when she needs/wants to see me.

If you talk to your friend about it, it could help matters but personally I think it's better to wait for the other person to see for themselves. Be careful if you confront him because its easy to make things worse, especially if the gf likes to twist things, she'll prob make herself seem like a victim and your the horrible one.

You could write a letter/email asking to catch up?

Have you tried to speak to him and he has been ignoring you or something?

Hope it works out

xx

ReputationRep:
    a friend of mine is like that with her boyfriend... her boyfriend happens to be my boyfriend's best friend.

it sucks and unfortunately there's nothing much you can do apart from speak to your friend and try to make them realise what they're doing... they may be so blinded by love that they dont realise?!

ReputationRep:
    Me and this guy met before uni, we got along really well, were best friends for 2 years. He gets a gf at uni who thinks theres more to me and him than meets the eye even though I have a bf and now he doesnt even acknowledge me in public Ridiculous on one stage as friends come first and annoying on the other because I lost a good friend for nothing....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2009
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.