The Student Room Group

Sister feels left out.

My sister is in primary school and her school is starting to give out massage lessons for the kids to learn so they can relax and stuff. Anyhoo the kids had to choose partners and my sister choose hers (lets call her A). But then this other girl (lets call her B) decided that she should be partners with A. So my sister has nobody to be partners with. The rest of her friends have partners. She is really upset she has no partner and I dont know what to do, I dont want her to feel left out in the fun.
Any advice one how I could help her deal with this problem.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump - please I really want some advice - I dont want my lil sis to miss out and feel like ****.
Oh gosh - children can be mean.
First of all: :hugs:
Advice: Talk to her teacher about it and the teacher should be able to sort something out. If everyone has a partner then maybe suggest to the teacher to be your sisters partner, making your sister feel extra special! Then everyone will be jealous and want to be your sisters partner. :biggrin:
Tell us how it goes and hope I helped.
Reply 3
Rejection is a normal part of life i'm afraid, even though it sucks. Surely there is another person in the class she can partner?

Just make sure she knows that you love and that should be enough. You're so sweet to care enough to post this :smile:
Reply 4
-Christiana
Oh gosh - children can be mean.
First of all: :hugs:
Advice: Talk to her teacher about it and the teacher should be able to sort something out. If everyone has a partner then maybe suggest to the teacher to be your sisters partner, making your sister feel extra special! Then everyone will be jealous and want to be your sisters partner. :biggrin:
Tell us how it goes and hope I helped.

They only sorted out there partners today and they start the classes tomorrow. So it's a bit late to talk to the teacher. I'm so worried she will be really sad or cry when she comes home because she has no partner. I might ring the school up and ask the teacher to be her partner.
Surely the teacher should have a solution to this, it's their job!
Anyway, can't your sister work as part of a three with two of her friends? Also, maybe you could offer to let her give you a massage after school so she can test out her new skills :smile:
Reply 6
Yeah you could try ringing, but to be honest its unlikely the school would leave her with nobody at all. I'm sure she will be fine, don't stress too much :smile:
jabed786
They only sorted out there partners today and they start the classes tomorrow. So it's a bit late to talk to the teacher. I'm so worried she will be really sad or cry when she comes home because she has no partner. I might ring the school up and ask the teacher to be her partner.

Exactly! :biggrin:
If she cries, you can always be a good big sister and buy her something she really wants like a COLOURFUL PENCIL! I always wanted one. :eek: or some sweets.
Is that okay?
Reply 8
I'm not sure it'd be appropriate for the teacher to massage your little sister or vice versa... Too risky in terms of abuse allegations and such. Perhaps your sister could work in a 3 and they can massage each other in a triangle or something. I did work experience in a nursery a couple of years back and when they did this, everyone just massaged the person infront and then they all switched round. I thought that was good as it avoided the problem above.
Reply 9
Kay.Tey
Rejection is a normal part of life i'm afraid, even though it sucks. Surely there is another person in the class she can partner?

Just make sure she knows that you love and that should be enough. You're so sweet to care enough to post this :smile:

Well I asked her this and the she said all the girls have partners and I said are there no boys that might not have a partner and she said that she doesnt really speak to any of them and she really wanted to be with her friends. Idunno - I might try to convince her ot bve partners with a boy or ask the teacher to be her partner.
Kids definately are cruel - my sister tells me about this one girl who is like the ring leader of the group of friends and how she does mean little things like she will ignore my sister. Sometimes literally take/grab anyone who speaks to my sister and play with them. If my sis tries to stand up for herself the ring leader walks away and whispers about her. It's obvious that the is trying to turn my sisters friends against her and its working. I feel like going up to that stupid girl and telling her to stop being an effin bitch :mad:
parpirate
Also, maybe you could offer to let her give you a massage after school so she can test out her new skills :smile:

Brilliant idea! :biggrin:
REP.
Reply 11
Kids are so cruel.
Reply 12
-Christiana
Exactly! :biggrin:
If she cries, you can always be a good big sister and buy her something she really wants like a COLOURFUL PENCIL! I always wanted one. :eek: or some sweets.
Is that okay?

Im a guy lol - but I guess from the Anon status you couldnt tell :P And yeah she likes colourful sutff.

p.s. mustve took you a while to type that out lol (the colourful pencils bit)
Just out of interest how old is your sister?
jabed786
Im a guy lol - but I guess from the Anon status you couldnt tell :P And yeah she likes colourful sutff.

p.s. mustve took you a while to type that out lol (the colourful pencils bit)

I'm sorry! :frown:
The colourful pencil bit was fun to be honest! :redface:

But I think its really nice that you're looking after your little sister like this and making sure that she is okay and has someone to play with.
You should be proud of yourself, & tomorrow I'll give you a rep. :yep:

-writes a reminder note with colourful pencil-
Reply 15
-Christiana
Just out of interest how old is your sister?

She is 9.
Reply 16
-Christiana
I'm sorry! :frown:
The colourful pencil bit was fun to be honest! :redface:

But I think its really nice that you're looking after your little sister like this and making sure that she is okay and has someone to play with.
You should be proud of yourself, & tomorrow I'll give you a rep. :yep:

-writes a reminder note with colourful pencil-

:h: :redface:
jabed786
Well I asked her this and the she said all the girls have partners and I said are there no boys that might not have a partner and she said that she doesnt really speak to any of them and she really wanted to be with her friends. Idunno - I might try to convince her ot bve partners with a boy or ask the teacher to be her partner.
Kids definately are cruel - my sister tells me about this one girl who is like the ring leader of the group of friends and how she does mean little things like she will ignore my sister. Sometimes literally take/grab anyone who speaks to my sister and play with them. If my sis tries to stand up for herself the ring leader walks away and whispers about her. It's obvious that the is trying to turn my sisters friends against her and its working. I feel like going up to that stupid girl and telling her to stop being an effin bitch :mad:

I've had this countless times in primary school[being left out of partner activities, never getting choosen] it was a bit painful, but meh i ignored it, that's just me i guess

But maybe talk to the teacher about the other ring leader girl, and also ask the teacher if she can come up with something

Maybe you could put in a suprise visit yourself, although this might be uber embarrising for your sister. Maybe you could ask if the teacher can make sure she pairs up in a three with another group too.

Maybe she could give the teacher a massage although i'm not sure if this would go down too well, but i'm sure it happend when i was a kid and got left out, i did the activities with the teacher.

Although you could also persuade the teacher to buy one of those huge bears, so that your sister or anyone else who hasn't got a partner can massage the bear :woo:
Best of luck and tell us how it goes please (?)

:fluffy:
Reply 19
parpirate
Surely the teacher should have a solution to this, it's their job!
Anyway, can't your sister work as part of a three with two of her friends? Also, maybe you could offer to let her give you a massage after school so she can test out her new skills :smile:

This is what I plan to make her do, as soon as I got the school letter from her, informing parents about the massage classes I was like yay, Yasmin you can give me little massages :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending