Project 10 to the 100: Google Watch

ShafeeqSRS
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi everyone,

This is a thread which I made for people who have sent an idea to project 10 to the 100 so that those people can share their ideas with all of us.

Here's mine:
Its called the Upthrust Power Vessel.

I designed a machine to play the role of 'alternatives to fossil fuels'.

The bad news however is that I that this machine (if had to do any 'useful' work in real, had to be perpetual! or (produce energy) In simple words,
The amount of energy being put inside the machine was more than the
output.

In case your wondering, this all started when I got this craaazy idea that I could somehow convert gravitational energy into electrical energy and thus solve the problem of climate crisis. But unlike the tidal barrage, which uses tides, I wanted my machine to be a machine that could be located anywhere in the world, not just the coast. Plus, it would be cheap to set up, increase employment and be very effective.

However, if Google is to appreciate my idea it would be because of the fact that many people would gain employment if the multiple machines would be set up at a place more like a plant.

The funny thing: One can argue that the machine converts the workers own body's chemical potential energy from food to electric energy via gravitational energy...lol.
But still trust me: it has its own advantages: An average body has a 'lot' of chemical energy. As for the workers, it would be just another day at work out!

Please share with me your ideas too
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ShafeeqSRS)
In case your wondering, this all started when I got this craaazy idea that I could somehow convert gravitational energy into electrical energy and thus solve the problem of climate crisis. But unlike the tidal barrage, which uses tides, I wanted my machine to be a machine that could be located anywhere in the world, not just the coast. Plus, it would be cheap to set up, increase employment and be very effective.
I'm sure that the gravitational energy actually has to change so that you are then able to generate electrical energy.

What goes up, must come down. The energy you do to raise the object will be at least (or more than) the energy generated. Unless you lower the average height above land.
ShafeeqSRS
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheTallOne)
I'm sure that the gravitational energy actually has to change so that you are then able to generate electrical energy.

What goes up, must come down. The energy you do to raise the object will be at least (or more than) the energy generated. Unless you lower the average height above land.
Thank you
omicronlyrae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In any resultant change where the start and finish are the same point, energy gained and energy lost are identical. energy is never made or removed, it changes from one for to another. Find a way of making a perpetual motion machine that doesn't violate the first or second law of thermodynamics, and infinite energy can be had by everyone. Otherwise, the laws of physics prevent your idea from working. sorry.
TommyWannabe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ShafeeqSRS)
The bad news however is that I that this machine (if had to do any 'useful' work in real, had to be perpetual! or (produce energy) In simple words,
Nobody in the world has ever produced that.

Good luck.
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 9 years ago
Mass-energy equivalence means that each particle has a helluva lot more energy than just gravitational potential energy. I'm not really a physicist, but mc^2 >>> mgh, no?
NoHands
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i submited my plans for a tachion sled that travels back in time =O

well, not really, but i should.... and might.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TommyWannabe)

Good luck.
http://www.steorn.com/orbo/

Might be getting there...
ShafeeqSRS
Rep:
?
(Original post by TommyWannabe)

Good luck.
I never said that I produced it.

I said that if my idea had to work, it would have to be perpetual; in other words - that's the reason it failed.
ShafeeqSRS
Rep:
?
(Original post by tommm)
Mass-energy equivalence means that each particle has a helluva lot more energy than just gravitational potential energy. I'm not really a physicist, but mc^2 >>> mgh, no?
ummm....I wish that were true but, did you consider how small is your m in
mc^2 and compared to mgh?

mc^2 is considering the mass of a photon.
Transatlanticdrawl_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You said your machine had a greater energy input than energy output? Do you mean it was badly energy inefficient and that a large % of energy was being lost as heat, noise etcetera? If not, where was the excess energy input "disappearing" to? And nothing is ever going to be 100% energy efficient, ever.
ShafeeqSRS
Rep:
?
(Original post by NoHands)
i submited my plans for a tachion sled that travels back in time =O

well, not really, but i should.... and might.
You make me laugh! no wonder your icon is a picture of Garfield
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (56)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (117)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (117)
40.34%

Watched Threads