The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just do the trade outside of Paypal?
Why buy and not go?
I'm pretty happy I'm going to see MJ :biggrin:!
Reply 22
Please don't help this parasite I cannot stand those who buy tickets and charge the genuine fans ridiculous amounts of money to see the act
Reply 23
But i havent done anything wrong?

Im just making a profit whilst using my iniciative?

Surely they have no right to demand me to refund my buyers when my buyers are extremley happy with my communication and cant wait to go, and now i'm just letting them down?
I just don't understand why it's happened to you and not me or the person who mentioned their friend with the Take That tickets. I know loads of people who sell tickets on ebay and as far as I kow nobody's ever had this happen.
Reply 25
Anderson8

Surely they have no right to demand me to refund my buyers when my buyers are extremley happy with my communication and cant wait to go, and now i'm just letting them down?

You have done nothing wrong?

You are literally stealing from people - how could it be made any more clear to you?

You are providing NO service what so ever. All you are doing is increasing the price other people have to pay for your own gain with NO benefit for them.

You are taking advantage of the power you have because the ticket-issuing company could not discriminate between you and a real fan. You used this to your advantage to ensure that a fan that was desperate to go and see him had to pay more then they were supposed to.

You've taken money from people.
You've stolen money from people.

You did not provide a service.

Taking a handbag off of an old lady "is using my initive" Hey guv! She can't defend it so I can do whatever I want with the money!

Can does not mean should.

I hope you feel like the thief you are, you're a nasty excuse for a human being.
RyanT
You dickhead.

What on earth has supply and demand to do with it?

He is reducing other peoples utility functions by extracting their consumer surplus from him. The artist gains nothing, the fan loses a lot. Only someone who took advantage of the fact that there is no mechanism for the ticket-issuers to screen between genuine fans and touts.

Why should he be entitled to take the money other people are willing to pay over the original price (the consumer surplus) and add it to his own utility function? What right does he have? He has not produced anything, no service, no value - nothing. It is probably harder to get tickets off of him then the original service provider. You can argue till your face goes blue about supply and demand - but the simple fact is he is stealing other peoples consumer surplus. He is a scumbag.

Yes, he's appropriating other people's consumer surplus - but that doesn't mean that society's net benefit is lower, just that it has been redistributed, mainly to him rather than the fans. Of course if you're a fan, that's a problem :smile:
Reply 27
Legally, I'm not sure if you're in the right or wrong.

Morally, you're an utter conch who deserves to never be able to see another gig again.
Reply 28
Anderson8

Arguments regarding touting aside, you were in breach of their T&C's.
Reply 29
Nonsmoking
Yes, he's appropriating other people's consumer surplus - but that doesn't mean that society's net benefit is lower, just that it has been redistributed, mainly to him rather than the fans. Of course if you're a fan, that's a problem :smile:

Bill Gates has taken every pound in the economy except one which is shared between 6 billion people. Society's net benefit is not lower it has just been redistributed. Namely to Bill Gates rather than the rest of society. Of course, if you're not Bill Gates that's a problem.

I suggest you go away and look at your theory before you start basing your political beliefs on it.
Reply 30
i think they used the '20 day policy' because they were looking for an excuse to not let the sale go through..?

just a thought, simply because around festival times you get hundreds of tickets sold on ebay before they are even sent to the orginal buyer..

just a thought.
Reply 31
You do realise that what you are doing is illegal don't you? Thats why you have had the problems you have.
RyanT

You are literally stealing from people - how could it be made any more clear to you?

You are providing NO service what so ever. All you are doing is increasing the price other people have to pay for your own gain with NO benefit for them.

You are taking advantage of the power you have because the ticket-issuing company could not discriminate between you and a real fan. You used this to your advantage to ensure that a fan that was desperate to go and see him had to pay more then they were supposed to.

Taking a handbag off of an old lady "is using my initive" Hey guv! She can't defend it so I can do whatever I want with the money!

I hope you feel like the thief you are, you're a nasty excuse for a human being.

I would have given you +rep if I could have resisted giving the OP neg rep. Shame it's the worse I can do, touting should be illegal.
i thought paypal liked high transactions as dont they take a large cut in it?!
To compare this with taking an old lady's handbag is totally stupid.

I have a feeling you are an MJ fan, having trouble getting tickets and YOU are the sorry excuse for a human being - always trying to take **** away from people who have worked for it.

He has the right to sell on these tickets.

The fans gain a TICKET to ENJOY the artist THEY LIKE. So YES they are beneifiting. They are just paying more than face value, nobody put a gun to their head and told them to purchase the tickets.
Reply 35
Touts suck, you deserve every single penny of money that you've lost.
Ha, I'm glad, you deserve it, if you hadn't bought those tickets, then the people who bought them from you would have had a chance to buy them for their face value.

What have you done to deserve the money? The person who goes to the concert is paying the artist to perform, and shouldn't have to pay ridiculous amounts of money, just because you decide you have a right to profit from it.

People like you are the scum that are ruining the live music industry, and thus you deserve everything bad that happens as a result of your actions.
RyanT
Bill Gates has taken every pound in the economy except one which is shared between 6 billion people. Society's net benefit is not lower it has just been redistributed. Namely to Bill Gates rather than the rest of society. Of course, if you're not Bill Gates that's a problem.

I suggest you go away and look at your theory before you start basing your political beliefs on it.

Yes, well done, you just re-stated my point (with the rather large assumption that old Bill values every £1 as much as the people with a millionth of a penny). And my post had absolutely nothing to do with political beliefs.
i want MJ tickets :cry:
RyanT

Well said!