Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

It's my first topic in the Student Room so please treat me well

Here's my problem: because I'm not from UK, I do not know the system of publication of the exam results in England (and more precisely the University of Essex) and so I was wondering how it works...do you receive your results by mail?

Does it depend on universities or is it the same system for all?
    Or does it depend on your departement?

...mine's Law btw

ReputationRep:
    exam results at essex are online. http://www.essex.ac.uk/results/default.aspx you'd go onto that link and then put in your student log in and DOB, and it takes you to the results

Thats what it is for biomed, and i would assume all departments would have to be the same

For other uni's i dont know, kingston is on paper still, they get a letter sent out

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for the answer

Seems that it's indeed the same for every department, I'm a bit surprised that they don't send the results by post though (^.^)'

Thanks again!!!

Oh, but now, another question: do you get your results on paper or do you have to go somewhere to ask for them when you're graduating???
    Sorry I'm kinda :confused: when it comes to this matter...

ReputationRep:
    having them on internet is secure and means they dont get lost in the post, and its cheaper.

When you graduate you get given a transcript with your results. you can get results for other years by paying the exam office. the website on myessex says

A full Academic Transcript of your academic achievement, on watermarked parchment, will be issued to you when you complete your studies free of charge. Transcripts showing achievements to date during your studies, and replacement transcripts after Graduation, can be issued for a small charge. Please visit the Registry or order transcripts online.

ReputationRep:
    Woa, thanks for the precision, and yeah thanks I checked the Registry pages later on !

I'm glad that there's just one transcript of the marks when graduating, it was indeed on the website, which is pretty well done actually...just that I got lost the first times because I didn't really know where to go ~.~' so thanks for the indications (^_^)!!

...I would agree saying that having the exams on internet is cheaper but not really secure in fact...they sure can't get lost that way though ;D

Thanks for all your answers and your patience, I guess there's nothing else I see concerning this topic for now (^o^)/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2009
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.