The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

well i cant buy online atm, so does anyone use l'oreal? they sell that in shops and i've heard its good, not sure though.

and which type of l'oreal gel.
cheerrs
Reply 41
When I saw the title of this thread I knew an URGENT PROBLEM had arisen! The only solution is to CALL THE HAIR PRODUCT POLICE! ALERT them IMMEDIATELY!
streetfighter5
Basically i've got short to medium hair - think of harry potter in the early movies, like that.

anyway, i like to gel the fringe up as i think it looks pretty good like that.
however it ALWAYS manages to fall down again, and by the end of the day its like theres not even any gel there!

i use about a teaspoon-ful of gel btw.

i currently use VO5, which i thought was supposed to be good.

the only step up i can think of is to buy l'oreal, which is really expensive....

Thank god that finallly I have found someone with the same problem as me!!
Brylllcream doesn't work for me.
Reply 43
AsystoleUK
Ignore all other suggestions - i'm about to give you the best ; )

http://www.silvikrin.co.uk/product_green.jsp

The pink canister - maximum hold. It will practically turn your hair into concrete, nothing short of rain will move it.

I generally keep my hair looking something like this;

and it lasts the entire night.

Is it better then Bedhead hairspray? That's the one I use, and my hair still goes flat.
Reply 44
Asteron
Is it better then Bedhead hairspray? That's the one I use, and my hair still goes flat.

It's truly amazing. If your hairs as long as mine it can take a couple of layers of spray.. sometimes you have to like.. apply the spray and then rub it in with a towel. Helps to style it. Then once you spray a fair bit on after styling it will hold up for hours. In the picture I linked you can't really see very well but the middle of my hair is spiked right up, and that didn't move, even after the numerous people in clubs who always go "Ooh can I touch it" >.<

aha here we go, better picture. Ignore the glowsticks D:

Reply 45
AsystoleUK
It's truly amazing. If your hairs as long as mine it can take a couple of layers of spray.. sometimes you have to like.. apply the spray and then rub it in with a towel. Helps to style it. Then once you spray a fair bit on after styling it will hold up for hours. In the picture I linked you can't really see very well but the middle of my hair is spiked right up, and that didn't move, even after the numerous people in clubs who always go "Ooh can I touch it" >.<

That's crazy! I've tried loads of hairsprays: Tresemme Freeze Hold, Schwarzkopf, Bedhead. I have quite fine, limp hair so if I put hairspray on, it tends to just go flat within 5 minutes. I'll have to try the one you use, hopefully it'll work better then the others! Thanks for the advice.

By the way, is it just the hairspray you use? Or do you use wax and then the hairspray?
Reply 46
Asteron
That's crazy! I've tried loads of hairsprays: Tresemme Freeze Hold, Schwarzkopf, Bedhead. I have quite fine, limp hair so if I put hairspray on, it tends to just go flat within 5 minutes. I'll have to try the one you use, hopefully it'll work better then the others! Thanks for the advice.

By the way, is it just the hairspray you use? Or do you use wax and then the hairspray?

Welll.. the silly thing is i'm really fussy over my hair, so it takes me ages to get the style right - so by the time i've tried several things with it, there's so much hairspray already in it, that it styles however I want it really easily. If you're going to actually style it with hairspray, the yellow label is the best to use; to hold it in place, the pink is best.
Reply 47
AsystoleUK
Welll.. the silly thing is i'm really fussy over my hair, so it takes me ages to get the style right - so by the time i've tried several things with it, there's so much hairspray already in it, that it styles however I want it really easily. If you're going to actually style it with hairspray, the yellow label is the best to use; to hold it in place, the pink is best.

So, is it the hairspray which makes your hair as big and spiky as it is? Or do you use wax to form the spikes/volume and the use the hairspray to keep it in place?

Sorry to hijack your thread, OP! I suppose this is still relevant to what you were discussing.
Reply 48
Asteron
So, is it the hairspray which makes your hair as big and spiky as it is? Or do you use wax to form the spikes/volume and the use the hairspray to keep it in place?

Sorry to hijack your thread, OP! I suppose this is still relevant to what you were discussing.

The hairspray does everything :smile: It's the only hair styling product I use.

(And it is relevant! If the OP uses this he/she will have no problems :P)
lol i always thought hairspray was for girls - shows how little i know about hair lol
Reply 50
Dax, the red tin, use it.

But, personally, I avoid using product...
v-zero
Dax, the red tin, use it.

But, personally, I avoid using product...

why whats wrong with it
Reply 52
streetfighter5
why whats wrong with it

It pulls out your hair and can be slimey... ewwwww.
Reply 53
try using wax aswell as gel...before you put in the gel
if you still have problems try adding hairspray aswell.
my bf has the whole afro-caribean hair sort of thing going on for him and he does all three to achieve AWESOME!! spikes...
....try it out!!
Reply 54
oh don't go for dax....it's hard to wash out, feels horrid and has a weird smell.
if you want greasy hair go for it!!
lol
Reply 55
the only thing i can find in the shops that keeps my hair sticking up all day is the Fructis surf hair.
Not even the EXTREME hold stuff works, but for some reason that does and i don't know why because it's not really supposed to.
i used to use v05 matt clay, but they changed the formula i think, and now my hair feels really really greasy when i use it, which i really really hate
kk
Reply 57
gatsby + hairspray all the way, <3 it
what is gatsby
Reply 59
its a wax, japanese brand. My hairs like a medium length with the back spiked outwards and it stays up through the whole day with hairspray.

Latest