Turn on thread page Beta

Something weird going on with my MSN watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been on it for a couple of months but when I logged on recently I found a couple of messages I had received while offline which seemed to be part of conversations - only, as I say, I've not been talking to anyone on it for ages. Then when I logged onto another account that I have to check that another message received while offline appeared, this time from my my own other account. This message seems to be spam of some kind though, so I was wondering if maybe my account has been hacked into in some way?

ReputationRep:
    If you're worried, change your password and security question

ReputationRep:
    at least you have it

:sad:

it won't download on mine:lolwut: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    My friend had exactly the same problem today, you're not called David are you? :|

ReputationRep:
    is it just some random link to a website from a random email address?
    if so, i've had that

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't been on for a while, I guess you don't know about Offline Messaging? If you're offline, friends can still send you a message - and then when you come online - it'll pop up.

A lot of people click random links in msn that takes their details and then msns their entire list ****** things like "Hey wanna see the parties from saturday? CLICK THIS" and stuff, and cos it sends to their whole list, it includes people who are offline, i.e. you.

So there's a chance you maybe clicked one of these links absent-mindedly(sp?) months ago and since it's been sending spam to your list.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.