Curency (specifically GBP-Euro) Watch

George Agdgdgwngo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Ok I know nothing about currency markets or any economics infact. But does anyone know what's likely to happen to the exchange rate between GBP-Euro in, say, the next quarter. 1GBP buys 1.03Euro at the moment. Is this likely to get better or worse in the next 3 months, or is it completely unable to predict?

Thanks
dhokes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by George Agdgdgwngo)
Ok I know nothing about currency markets or any economics infact. But does anyone know what's likely to happen to the exchange rate between GBP-Euro in, say, the next quarter. 1GBP buys 1.03Euro at the moment. Is this likely to get better or worse in the next 3 months, or is it completely unable to predict?

Thanks
If I knew, I would be making some money.
Joanna May
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How on Earth do you expect us to know?! If people knew that, then they'd make a fortune.
NoHands
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
only ones who could tell you that is the bank of england =p if they raise interest rates, the pound will go up, if they lower it then the pound will go down. also, depends on the stability of the economy/banks, etc.
LooieENG
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hopefully better, but probably not. My sister just went to Amsterdam, and changed some money over there. They wouldn't even give her one Euro to the Pound.
-Neon-
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well... I wouldn't go changing my Sterling to Euros now.
wazzup
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
pound is undervalued euro is overvalued. by next year the exchange rate will be about 1.4
1.03 is just unrealistic. UK is too cheap compared to Europe
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by George Agdgdgwngo)

Thanks
You can try to predict it, but the best you can get will be an educated guess, I'm afraid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (112)
72.26%
No (43)
27.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise