Labour immigration minister admits immigration is out of control. Watch

john1987
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-leave-UK.html

The minister claimed opposition to foreign workers was 'based on the belief that the immigrant has no legitimate right to be here,' adding: 'We will only get a country that is comfortable with immigration when we can show the Government has it under control.' i.e. they can't.

In the UK a huge majority - 78 per cent – believed immigrants should be asked to leave the country if they do not have a job, with only 14 per cent disagreeing and eight per cent undecided.

Is the Government's softly-softly approach to immigration at odds with the desires of the British peoples to protect their land and culture?
Jon of the North
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Phil Woolas is completely out of his depth, Kermit the Frog would be a better Immigration minister.
LooieENG
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think they should just be deported if they cause trouble.
typiin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by john1987)
In the UK a huge majority - 78 per cent – believed immigrants should be asked to leave the country if they do not have a job
Is the Government's softly-softly approach to immigration at odds with the desires of the British peoples
Can I just take a second to point out that someone who reads the Daily Mail ends up posting something like this.

Thank you for reading.

I'll see myself out now.
username202682
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This is the daily mail we're talking about.
The Euro sceptic, conservative, anti immigration, middle class representatives of the United Kingdom.
The other papers do not mention this - It is typical; typical of the Daily Mail and it is no wonder why people don't take it seriously and they would read the telegraph instead - The right of centre paper with more brains.
You pay for what you get; and in the case of the Daily mail; you get rubbish
faber niger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Stricof)
The Euro sceptic, conservative, anti immigration, middle class representatives of the United Kingdom.
The other papers do not mention this - It is typical; typical of the Daily Mail and it is no wonder why people don't take it seriously and they would read the telegraph instead - The right of centre paper with more brains.
To be fair, the Telegraph carries most of the same sentiment as the Mail, it just dresses it up in more 'advanced' vocabulary.
john1987
Rep:
?
(Original post by typiin)
Can I just take a second to point out that someone who reads the Daily Mail ends up posting something like this.

Thank you for reading.

I'll see myself out now.
I intended this debate to be about the topic in question, not the medium through which it is communicated. If you're that bothered, scour the internet to find the same article in a different newspaper and read it there. Idiot.

Eurosceptic, conservative, anti-immigration, middle-class - that's why I love them so much.

The Telegraph is good and more detailed, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that a broadsheet is going to contain more than a tabloid.
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jismith1989)
To be fair, the Telegraph carries most of the same sentiment as the Mail, it just dresses it up in more 'advanced' vocabulary.
Yes, i'll take that - I never suggested that the telegraph were any better.
I'm not a fan of the paper myself but faced with the choice of the Daily mail and the telegraph, I'd pick the latter; simply because it isn't just loaded with rubbish. The non politically leaning stuff, some of it is actually okay sometimes
You pay for what you get...
Eurosceptic, conservative, anti-immigration, middle-class - that's why I love them so much.

The Telegraph is good and more detailed, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that a broadsheet is going to contain more than a tabloid.
Remind me what political party you would affiliate yourself to?
Sounds like UKIP to me

The telegraph, as much as I'm not a fan are a heck of a lot more sober than the Daily Mail.
I think the mail puts shames to conservatives
john1987
Rep:
?
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1d969c36-1...0779fd2ac.html

To all the smart arses who criticised the Daily Mail, this is the paper that undertook the poll they mention in the article; for those of you who didn't bother reading beyond the link to the Daily Mail but still found the time to post smart arse replies (I wonder if the first poster even reads newspapers, or just believes what his mates tell him has happened) the one which shows 78% of British adults believe jobless immigrants should leave the country.

Now that we've got that ******** out of the way...
e-lover
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just wish this ******* government would get strict on immigration once and for all. It's a travesty. And this is someone who's the 5th generation of an immigrant family.
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1d969c36-1...0779fd2ac.html

To all the smart arses who criticised the Daily Mail, this is the paper that undertook the poll they mention in the article; for those of you who didn't bother reading beyond the link to the Daily Mail but still found the time to post smart arse replies (I wonder if the first poster even reads newspapers, or just believes what his mates tell him has happened) the one which shows 78% of British adults believe jobless immigrants should leave the country.

Now that we've got that ******** out of the way...
Perhaps you need to take it into context here. This is the daily mail
And as for your link, there is a mutual agreement amongst the majority of the people who voted. that they should levae
However, the vast majority of immigrants do work
The vast majority of immigrants do have jobs
The vast majority of immigrants contribute over £2.1 billion to our economy
We have britons leaving the UK to take top jobs in Poland and other EU countries.
250k per annum Britons emigrate out of the United Kingdom because of job opportunities in other EU and commonwealth countries
Why can't they come here are take the jobs we do not want?
Have you not seen the reports? You get a bunch of lads lining up for the dole; when asked if they would take the job, they declined over the dole. When asked if they would then prefer immigrant students....they also declined.
The point is, they contribute more to our economy than they take from us - but a hell of a lot.
They are hard working, work longer hours. Sure no body is perfect. We're Human and people should get over it.

This isn't even worth discussing, its been discussed so many times on TSR.
HJV
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by e-lover)
I just wish this ******* government would get strict on immigration once and for all. It's a travesty. And this is someone who's the 5th generation of an immigrant family.
Yeah, it's a shame they didn't already get strict on immigration 5 generations ago.

I'm assuming you didn't go to Pete Kerr's lecture on British immigration policy this year?
Asteron
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
And as for your link, there is a mutual agreement amongst the majority of the people who voted. that they should levae
However, the vast majority of immigrants do work
The vast majority of immigrants do have jobs
The vast majority of immigrants contribute over £2.1 billion to our economy
We have britons leaving the UK to take top jobs in Poland and other EU countries.
250k per annum Britons emigrate out of the United Kingdom because of job opportunities in other EU and commonwealth countries
Why can't they come here are take the jobs we do not want?
Have you not seen the reports? You get a bunch of lads lining up for the dole; when asked if they would take the job, they declined over the dole. When asked if they would then prefer immigrant students....they also declined.
The point is, they contribute more to our economy than they take from us - but a hell of a lot.
They are hard working, work longer hours. Sure no body is perfect. We're Human and people should get over it.

This isn't even worth discussing, its been discussed so many times on TSR.
Do you have any sources, for all of these claims?
john1987
Rep:
?
No. It's the Financial Times. They conducted the poll and produced the findings. The Mail just covered the story. Would you rather newspapers only cover the stories that you find personally agreeable?
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Asteron)
Do you have any sources, for all of these claims?
Link
Link
Link
Link
Besides, you can look around on the forum - this thread isn't the first of it's kind.
I think it's held too much and people just need to lay off for a bit.
Indievertigo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Corrected.
username202682
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No. It's the Financial Times. They conducted the poll and produced the findings. The Mail just covered the story. Would you rather newspapers only cover the stories that you find personally agreeable?
I'd prefer if it wasn't just The Daily Mail.

(Original post by Indievertigo)
Corrected.
Haha, thanks :yep:
john1987
Rep:
?
250k per annum Britons emigrate out of the United Kingdom because of job opportunities in other EU and commonwealth countries - yes, lots of wealthy Britons do, but unfortunately these opportunities are not there for working-class Brits whose jobs are stolen by privileged migrants from abroad. We all now how beneficial freedom of movement is:
nothttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1557505/4000-in-UK-trained-at-terror-camps.html

Have you not seen the reports? You get a bunch of lads lining up for the dole; when asked if they would take the job, they declined over the dole. When asked if they would then prefer immigrant students....they also declined. Firstly, this isn't an argument for swamping our country with alien cultures. This is an argument for motivating our own work force. Secondly, where did you even get that information from? It sounds very derogatory of the working-classes for somebody who earlier criticised the Daily Mail for being "too middle-class".

Also, I never personally endorsed the view that all immigrants who don't have jobs should be kicked out. I would endorse that they should all be kicked out (full stop). If they get a job, well that job could have gone to a white Brit in his own country. If they don't, they're a drain on our national taxes and the salary of that white Brit once he's in a job.

At the same time, they are a massive drain on our public and private national resources, in terms of housing, education and general social cohesion. Areas with high immigration rates have no sense of community spirit and little sense of altruism and there is a lot of tension.

We see immigration damaging schools, as resources are diverted away from ethnic Brits.

We see the impact on housing caused by this swamping of our nation.

We see public services dragged through the mud by out-of-control immigration.

We see the feeling of public altruism destroyed as people are no longer able to identify with their neighbours.
e-lover
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HJV)
Yeah, it's a shame they didn't already get strict on immigration 5 generations ago.

I'm assuming you didn't go to Pete Kerr's lecture on British immigration policy this year?
I did. And 5 generations ago members of my family faught in WW2 and we were invited to settle here. The legislation is tough, but the practicalities of these laws are weak which is how immigration gets out of control.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Whether the OP read this story in the Daily Mail or the Guardian or Horse and Hounds is irrelevant. It's the truth and everybody knows it. You'd have to be the man on moon to believe that the British government has immigration under control.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed