Face Spots Watch

streetfighter5
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Do any of you use Zineryt/ Erthromycin zinc acetate?? it has to be prescribed i think.

does it work?
and what does everyone else get prescribed apart from antibiotics?
Jon of the North
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah I think I used that for about three years, and it didn't seem to work at all! Just made my face sting. I was also given tablets, but it didn't seem like they worked either. I think time and ageing is the best medicine in this case tbh.
ChunkymunkyDJC
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I use some sort of adapalene cream (I think) that the docs gave me, works like a charm, takes about 3 months to kick in but now I just basically don't have any spots ever. I know it had benzyle peroxide in it or something like that, it doesn't have much on the label
Asteron
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by streetfighter5)
Do any of you use Zineryt/ Erthromycin zinc acetate?? it has to be prescribed i think.

does it work?
and what does everyone else get prescribed apart from antibiotics?
Yes, I used this for 6 months. It worked wonders for my mild acne; however, it does not last forever and you will find that your acne eventually becomes immune to its effects.

You're on the correct route, however, and I would suggest that you use Zineryt for a while and it may be a more permanent solution for you, then it was for me.

If you continue the prescribed medication route, then you are likely to progress like this:

Zineryt
Benozyl Peroxide
Stronger topical medication - Retin-A (I hated this).
Oral medication - Lymecycline is the best.
Roaccutane - Strongest acne medication.
carrotboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I use Duac - works like a charm!!! Its alcohol based
ChunkymunkyDJC
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by carrotboy)
I use Duac - works like a charm!!! Its alcohol based
AHHH thats the name of my other one, couldn't think of it because I ran out, thanks Yeah Duac is immense, same as the one I described above.
SuffocatedAnxiety
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I tried Benozyl Peroxide and a couple others that I can't remember the name of, but found that although they sort of worked, they irritated my skin so much and left it all dry and flakey. It was more annoying than having the spots, and then after a while it stopped working completely.
streetfighter5
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
hmm ok
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed