Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Im trying to decide between Cardiff and Exeter to do international management and I was wondering about the oppertunities of studying abroad at Cardiff. At their website I found some business modules that you can take abroad, but can anyone apply for them? I found them here;
    and there is an international management module there, but should I have applied to do it at the same time as I applied to the uni itself or do I still have a chance of getting a spot?

    These modules list no prerequisites, therefore anyone can take them. Once you are there, it should be easy enough to switch to a course that includes a year abroad.

    Now, I might be wrong, but they all say "Level 2" and "Level 3" modules. When you look into Level 3 modules, they include dissertations, which are, normally, given out in Year 3. So, I'd assume by Level 3 and Level 2, they mean year 3 and year 2 respectively.

    I think you can apply just for straight business in the first year, and then change your optional modules to include International Management in Year 2.

    You should maybe ask about the possibilities of having a year out for study as well. Intercalated years are allowed on quite a few uni courses it seems - I have a friend, not in Cardiff, who has changed his course in Year 2 to go and study politics in America. So, based on the fact that his Uni is a Welsh Uni, there should be some way that you can take an ERASMUS year for it.

    Best thing to do, before applying, is to email the department's admissions officer, and get a bit of correspondence going - ask all your questions up front, and then, as you get replies, more might develop. It's how I changed my course - at the last minute before arriving I decided Politics wasn't for me, and asked could I change to single honours Spanish, to which the admissions officer gave me all the answers I could want. And I've never been happier with the results.

    So yeah - email the department and see. http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/carbs/contacts/support.html should show you the email address for the man and/or woman you will need to email about admissions and whom to direct your questions to.

Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.