Switching to Edinburgh Watch

charlesa
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Good morning all, could anyone advise as to the latest that one could potentially switch to Edinburgh from another Scottish University ? I am just finishing my second year of four studying Spanish and my current establishment will not allow me to study or work abroad for my third year. I cannot see the point of spending 4 years supposedly learning a language without being given the opportunity to spend some time in one of the relevant countries (Spain, Latin America).
I potentially have a job lined up in Argentina for next academic year but, as it stands, my hands are tied. I would like to approach Edinburgh to see if I can switch but thought that I would post on here first.
Many thanks in advance
Charles
oxymoronic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Contact the department and see what they say, I guess. You'd have to be very quick off the mark though as obviously, Spanish students will be going away for the next academic year as you've said meaning all of the year abroad planning, lectures, information etc is happening at the moment. I don't think anyone here has switched to Edinburgh from another university let alone wanting to do it directly before their year abroad - you've got a pretty unique situation.
Edinburgh classes finish completely before Easter - I think they're in week 9 or 10 of an 11 week semester at the moment so theres only about 2 weeks of teaching left. Meaning all of the year abroad stuff should be pretty much sorted by now - at least, this was the case with my year abroad last year.

www.llc.ed.ac.uk and [email protected]
artorscience?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's week 10 currently.

Transfers have to be done through UCAS. And I remember reading somewhere that you can only transfer into first/second year in Humanities, I will see if I can find where said that. Here you go. By all means contact them, but transferring into 3rd year year in a language sounds ridiculously unlikely.
charlesa
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thanks for responses. I rang the dept and am too late as they use the UCAS deadline of Jan 19th I think.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (172)
18.59%
No (560)
60.54%
Not really bothered about them (193)
20.86%

Watched Threads