blood test lab report for UCL Watch

hanqiangycl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
hey i've done the blood test for UCL, but the only lab report i got was the screen captures printed off my GP's computer, not a proper lab report, can anyone tell me if it's acceptable? if not, how to obtain a proper lab report as my GP clearly did not have it.
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, it will (probably) not be acceptable. You will need the paper results sheets or certified copies of them.
dances_with_lamposts
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
get your gp to phone the lab.
Jessaay!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Apologies for bringing this up again, but I'm much the same. I have a lab report which is like a printed sheet saying whether I had the antibodies or not. It says "lab report" on it and has the report ID and stuff, I don't know whether this is certified or not.
Self Preservation Society
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jessaay!)
Apologies for bringing this up again, but I'm much the same. I have a lab report which is like a printed sheet saying whether I had the antibodies or not. It says "lab report" on it and has the report ID and stuff, I don't know whether this is certified or not.
If it came direct from the lab then I think it's fine. The lab mailed mine to my GP because apparently it was a non-standard test and so it wasn't possible to put it on the computer.

I just have the sheet from the lab with the antibody results on it, and my GP put his stamp on it. I'm hoping this is enough because otherwise I'm gonna have to go to London to get it done by UCH.
terpineol
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I had a printed lab report form, most people did.

We were all retested in the first semester.
Wangers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just tell them thats what you were given, the OH - now at the Free, will retest you anyway.
martin101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would say take it to your GP, get it stamped, signed and dated and then its fine
Jessaay!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by martin101)
I would say take it to your GP, get it stamped, signed and dated and then its fine
I had it stamped, should I go and get it signed and dated too? It costs £23 for things like that apparently, that's what they said when they put pen to paper and signed my health form :rolleyes:
Chocolatey Goodness
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jessaay!)
I had it stamped, should I go and get it signed and dated too? It costs £23 for things like that apparently, that's what they said when they put pen to paper and signed my health form
best to ask the admissions office that. I think it would be better to have it dated because if not they could say that the results were old. Signing probably isn't important. Retesting costs a lot. 100 pounds I think. You don't want that. As I said check with the admin people as they know what they want.
username43584
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Chocolatey Goodness)
best to ask the admissions office that. I think it would be better to have it dated because if not they could say that the results were old. Signing probably isn't important. Retesting costs a lot. 100 pounds I think. You don't want that. As I said check with the admin people as they know what they want.
Retesting costs nothing actually. Or maybe I'm special. Or maybe this new OH will be mean.
Chocolatey Goodness
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by becca2389)
Retesting costs nothing actually. Or maybe I'm special. Or maybe this new OH will be mean.
yea. Like I said. I have no clue really. I didn't need retesting so becca could probably answer your questions better.
dave.s
Report 9 years ago
I got my lab report in january, but one of the tests looks like the wrong one, it says hep B surface antibodies, not hep b surface antigens. Im quite sure its not a CPA approved test, as on the form they gave us it said theyd need photo ID, i didnt have to do any of that.
Chocolatey Goodness
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dave.s)
I got my lab report in january, but one of the tests looks like the wrong one, it says hep B surface antibodies, not hep b surface antigens. Im quite sure its not a CPA approved test, as on the form they gave us it said theyd need photo ID, i didnt have to do any of that.
I think mine did antibodies and antigens, though I can't remember exactly. They also asked me for my passport as proof of ID because the centre I used was in the running for CPA approval. The Uni said it was fine and I wasn't retested. Check back with the Uni because it sound like you may need a few more tests done.
dave.s
Report 9 years ago
yer, i have emailed them a photocopy of the report and asked if i need another one. All the other tests seem to be ok though. Il probably just go and get them all redone at the royal free travel clinic as it sugests.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1380)
79.49%
Leave (356)
20.51%

Watched Threads