Is this too forward? Watch

Kikilamour
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
A guy in one of my societies is going backpacking this summer. I want to go but dont want to go alone. I have loads of travel experience too. Is it too forward to ask if i can crash? He used to like me and be really shy but is cool now i think. How do i ask him?
Irrelevance
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Talk about going back packing, if he says it sounds fun and he would like to do it sometime, maybe slip it into conversation?
Saruken
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Go for it girl. :thumbs:
whitepearlbaby
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmm the problem is that you can get pretty huge arguments when you go backpacking with just one friend

But if you're sure about it, just ask him if he wants to go alone or if he likes some company
Kikilamour
Yeah. I just dont want him thinking i am going to be an annoying female who is going to **** block on every occasion and ruin his fun
Irrelevance
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kikilamour)
Yeah. I just dont want him thinking i am going to be an annoying female who is going to **** block on every occasion and ruin his fun
You're going back packing, not clubbing :rolleyes:

Good luck with it
zav
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Say to him that you also really want to go backpacking this summer but your not sure who to go with. If he wants you to go I'm sure he will invite you.
Lex Talionis
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah do it! Casually suggest your experience and love for travelling.
Kikilamour
(Original post by Irrelevance)
You're going back packing, not clubbing :rolleyes:

Good luck with it
trust me backpackers are randy little buggers
Advanced Subsidiary
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
what is a backpacker?
bunny9213
Report 9 years ago
well me and my mates were talking about a road trip that they are going on and they came out and asked me...
i say just talk to him about it and say that you would like to go on one...maybe then he'll ask you if you want to go with him.
Anonymous Boy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I hate people asking for advice like this. Go for it. Enjoy life (not that I'm saying you are not) but take life by both horns.
Good luck and try slipping it into a conversation, otherwise, you're thinking 'What if?' when he goes.

Fox
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
trust me backpackers are randy little buggers
:yep:

good times
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
A guy in one of my societies is going backpacking this summer. I want to go but dont want to go alone. I have loads of travel experience too. Is it too forward to ask if i can crash? He used to like me and be really shy but is cool now i think. How do i ask him?
Personally, it apprears to me that you if take the aforementioned advice you are as subtle as as party thrown by Peter Andre and Jordan. Moreover, don't take the advice of people so obessed with a computer interface, the only commuication they have had with a member of the opposite sex is when they are in a sex-offending office, being registered by the female/male receptionist. For fear of turning into the mentioned, I will keep my advice to a minimum. This gentleman, obviously, liked you previously. That means he will like you in the future. People want what they can't have. Simply, make the plans, nothwithstanding his, and if they augment, remember to be careful.

P.s- Any of the people in this post, try and make a smart ass comment about the fact that I am posting on a "Health and relationship post" I have a simple statement. I am on Holidays, taking a break from reading Torts, and I need something with more juice in it, than from The Man from Delmonte's oranges.
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ask him if he wants company because you've always wanted to go to X place.
Kikilamour
Turns out he is going but does not want to go with me. He would rather go alone or with other people. I am pretty down as thought we were friends. So confused
whitepearlbaby
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Turns out he is going but does not want to go with me. He would rather go alone or with other people. I am pretty down as thought we were friends. So confused
Aww I'm sorry for you But don't worry, there's nice people out there, too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.14%
No (204)
72.86%

Watched Threads