How do i talk to him? Watch

1_xxxSarahxxx_1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I met this guy i like recently when i was out and he was working. All i have said to him so far is asking for drinks and i dont really know how to talk to him as i have just come out of a long relationship. How do i talk to him without making me seem to full on or desperate?
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How do you like someone you haven't really spoke to?
1_xxxSarahxxx_1
Rep:
?
because i do sort of know him but havent really spoke to him one to one if that makes sense
Alisvolatpropriis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just say hi, and let it go from there
Saruken
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So he works in a bar?
Just start off with something as benign as "it's pretty packed in here tonight, ain't it?" or something like that. If you've seen him a few times you could make a joke about it, say (jokingly) that you only go there to see him.
You could just make small talk and observe how he responds. Build up a repoir so that it becomes easier to talk without embarassment or uneasiness. Then you could pop the question...unless he pops it first.
1_xxxSarahxxx_1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alisvolatpropriis)
Just say hi, and let it go from there
lol well we are both quite shy
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 1_xxxSarahxxx_1)
because i do sort of know him but havent really spoke to him one to one if that makes sense
I don't know, just say hi and ask him how he is. If you make a bit of effort, I'm sure it would be appreciated rather than just not talk to him at all or make no real conversational effort. It wouldn't seem too desperate if you play it cool. You can't really like someone properly without getting to know them yourself though.
Tucking Fypo
Report 9 years ago
Pm.
1_xxxSarahxxx_1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Davezk)
I don't know, just say hi and ask him how he is. If you make a bit of effort, I'm sure it would be appreciated rather than just not talk to him at all or make no real conversational effort. It wouldn't seem too desperate if you play it cool. You can't really like someone properly without getting to know them yourself though.
i see what you mean, but ive seen how he is with his mates and stuff and just thought he seemed like a nice person which is what i meant not like i am in love with him lol
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (137)
18.49%
No (450)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (154)
20.78%

Watched Threads