Swimming / Aquatics centre Watch

bean87
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey, basically i really wanna swim when i get to uni. I assume the manchester aquatics centre is the best place to do this, but could someone please tell me the prices for joining and/or the cheapest place to swim as a manchester student?

thanks alot
Curly_hair_girl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
On Wednesday, for students it is 1.90 at the aquatics centre. You don't need to join to use the swimming pool. I don't know about any other pools, sorry.
TI-84
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The aquatics centre is the best place to go
However, if your living in Fallowfield it will be too far to walk there, but a bus will take ~10 minutes.
Pricing information can be found here.
As for other locations, this can be found here.
bean87
Rep:
?
ok cheers for the info guys. doesnt seem that theres a pay monthly swimming anywhere near fallowfields. sucks. but the £1.90 university swim seems ok
teriaki
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Its 25£ a month at the Aquatics Center for a gym and pool membership. However the gym there is rather pathetic- a few freeweights, some TechnoGym stuff and a bunch of treadmills/crosstrainers.
bean87
Rep:
?
(Original post by teriaki)
Its 25£ a month at the Aquatics Center for a gym and pool membership. However the gym there is rather pathetic- a few freeweights, some TechnoGym stuff and a bunch of treadmills/crosstrainers.
ahh wow thats awesome. thats the sorta thing i was looking for. £25 a month is good (i wouldnt use the gym very much)

do you know if that includes use of sauna or anything like that? and is it a students only offer
Davidosh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Curly_hair_girl)
On Wednesday, for students it is 1.90 at the aquatics centre. You don't need to join to use the swimming pool. I don't know about any other pools, sorry.
It's £1.90 everyday with student card there is a swimming pool aswell in Moss side never been because the aquatics centre is always fantasmigal you can get unlimited swimming for about £120 per year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.4%
No I don't (546)
48.49%

Watched Threads