Geopolitics: Geopolitical Imagineries Watch

Mafer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi, I don't know where to post this because it is both Geographical and Political, while adding in with some basic knowledge of history.

I am taking this subject: Geopolitics. And in this project we need to talk about the class and I came across some points that I can't really understand what was that.

1) Geopolitical Codes

I find in the Internet and it shows many information about organization such as UNDP and UN. However, I am sure they are not Code. Is Geopolitical Codes something like an idea or perspective for a certain party or organization towards a nation or a world, about making policy? Is there any example?

2) Geopolitical Imaginaries

One of the geopolitical imaginaries I know is Orientalism. See if I am correct about the concept: Orientalism is the way the 'orient' is distinct from ' west' when it actually doesn't exist. It is just a result of some assumption from the most population? Is there any other example? How can I deepen or explain and elaborate it more?

Please help me because I am not a major in Geography, History of Politics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads