Turn on thread page Beta

I've been on citalopram now for around 3 months and have found a significant loss in my libido, i'm a female and have constantly been very dry and when with partners i've not been as wet as i used to be, and have found sex rather uncomfortable and not even pleasurable. I'm not feeling as sexy or as horny anymore, and although im single it is ruining my personal sex life.

any advice, although it's the medication i want to regain the person i was again.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been on citalopram now for around 3 months and have found a significant loss in my libido, i'm a female and have constantly been very dry and when with partners i've not been as wet as i used to be, and have found sex rather uncomfortable and not even pleasurable. I'm not feeling as sexy or as horny anymore, and although im single it is ruining my personal sex life.

any advice, although it's the medication i want to regain the person i was again.
    I tried citalopram and it made me feel so strange that I stopped very quickly. Do you have a strong need for this betablocker?

By definition, a betablocker is going to reduce any strong emotions you feel, such as desire for sex.

Don't quote me on this (possibly look this up) but I have heard that people can adapt to betablockers and these secondary effects can be reduced slightly.

I think that the only solution for you is (artificial) lubrification or considering to ween yourself off citalopram.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.