Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    cos when my friends do it they dont seem to care, but if i missed a lecture i'd feel guilty - does this make me weird lol

ReputationRep:
    I found I cared at the start, but as I miss more I become much more blasé about it. Normally, the only thing I feel when I skip lectures is hungover, generally because I am. :teeth: Today, for example, I skipped the entire day.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, couldnt care less.

im the one paying for them anyway, if I choose to bunk it the lecturers still get paid.

ReputationRep:
    I don't do it very often so when I do I don't feel overly guilty. I think I've only missed 3 lectures this year.

ReputationRep:
    I only skip the boring ones - it's hard to feel guilty when you know the alternative is getting the crap bored out of your skull.

ReputationRep:
    I only miss them if I genuinely have something of higher priority; I don't feel guilty for that reason.

ReputationRep:
    If it's out of sheer laziness, yes.

But if I have a long day ahead and an extra hour of sleep would mean more productivity, I view it as a strategic compromise. I don't understand very much in some lectures anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yes because I am paying for the lectures and if I don't go then I'm pretty much just wasting my money, which is why I don't miss any lectures!

ReputationRep:
    yeah lectures are sooo hard
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Depends. If it's a good lecturer, or if I know loads of other people are bunking too, then I feel a bit bad. If I oversleep, I feel bad. Otherwise, I don't usually feel too bad!

ReputationRep:
    Nope. It's usually a conscious decision, or I am hungover and too ill/asleep to go, so for none of those reasons would I feel bad.

ReputationRep:
    Not in the slightest.

I go there, and 90% of the time the lecturer will read virtually word for word their power point slides, which are available online anyway. I dont particually enjoy being read to, so I dont feel guilty about any time I dont go.

ReputationRep:
    My flatmate skips quite a lot of her lectures because she doesn't get up - she doesn't seem as bothered by it.

I was being all anal about it when I first came to uni and as a joke I made up a table for me and my friends called the skive table - one of my friends claimed it caused him to skive more but I think that was him joking. It was rather amusing actually.

It's all right to skip lectures sometimes if you have to - just don't make it a bad habit - don't feel guilty though if you feel you could be doing something more productive

ReputationRep:
    I miss a few hours a week, I should care but I don't see the point in going listen to someone read what's on a screen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    I found I cared at the start, but as I miss more I become much more blasé about it. Normally, the only thing I feel when I skip lectures is hungover, generally because I am. :teeth: Today, for example, I skipped the entire day.
    I KNEW you weren't in Török's lecture. I just knew.

How was Patrick?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why you would miss them if you're paying for them. Silly English people, more money than sense I tell ya!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by griffinsnight)
    My flatmate skips quite a lot of her lectures because she doesn't get up - she doesn't seem as bothered by it.

I was being all anal about it when I first came to uni and as a joke I made up a table for me and my friends called the skive table - one of my friends claimed it caused him to skive more but I think that was him joking. It was rather amusing actually.

It's all right to skip lectures sometimes if you have to - just don't make it a bad habit - don't feel guilty though if you feel you could be doing something more productive
    :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Seminars, yes. Lectures, no.

I've been pretty good this year though, I've managed to go to most of my classes, no matter how boring they may be at times.

The ones that bail out of a lecture on account of a hangover don't have my sympathy. At all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    :indiff:

It was a good table! We put a letter corresponsing to the subject we missed and the person at the end of the semester with the most letters was (depending on who you spoke to) the winner or the loser.

They were some funny times...

ReputationRep:
    I probably would.
    However, I think the guilt would decrease the more I did it.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.