I have trouble concentrating on studying... help! Watch

streetfighter5
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
ok not to brag or anything but apart from times when i really HAD to revise (like in the few days before an exam) i hardly ever did much revision at GCSE or A-level.
This isn't because i didnt want to, but more because i have severe trouble concentrating.
Now i'm at uni, this is becoming a huge problem, and i dont know what to do.

Firstly, i dont want to feel i have some kind of condition if this is normal - i mean, people often say they cant be arsed to do work, but i dont know if that is the say as actually getting the "mental block" that i do when i try and do work.
Walrus of Love
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am the same. I often end up doing everything except studying.

There's no killer solution, but I find the following helps me get into the mindset:

I lie on the bed for a while thinking about everything I need to do. I lie there till I know what books and things I need to start revising.
Then I get up and put my mp3 on. Close doors. So you become more focused. Turn off any distractions. And just get on with it.
Try to find a room without TV or PC. Or go to a library.
whitepearlbaby
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It might be because of your diet, try to eat vitamins and stuff
Tweety-Bird
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am the same, am supposed to be doing seminar work, supervision for trusts, revising and reading for a bloody long essay (10,000 words) and guess what I am on TSR!!!! I just don't know what to do and my exams are in May. I reckon am going to fail :yep: unless I just live and sleep in the library for these past 7 weeks and an half :eek:
*Claire*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Revising for exams last year I had to go to the library each day or I never got any work done. The fact that there was nothing else to do any everyone else was working forced me to do some work.
TaraEng*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
try bach rescue remedy.. suposed to make you feel more alert of foucsed...
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (178)
18.76%
No (572)
60.27%
Not really bothered about them (199)
20.97%

Watched Threads