The Student Room Group
Reply 1
All comments are appreciated.
I'm no medic and I know the only compulsory subject is Chemistry, but wouldn't it be better to do Biology to A2? :smile:
All universities require A2 chemistry and I think most want A2 biology too. Maybe maths or physics for AS level instead?
Reply 4
Thanks for your informative comments: Well I wouldn't really want to be Maths or Physics at AS, the same with Chemistry.Biology is a good subject in general, but it's required at AS so I think it'd like it that way :smile:

But if I do M,C and P would I be able to do AS Biology in the second year?
Reply 5
Any comments, please?
Reply 6
Can anyone help?
Reply 7
Basically Chemistry and Biology - you will need these at a level.
Physics and Maths are also 2 good subjects so i would take these 4.
Reply 8
Hmm ok kk thanks. But can someone please tell me if i can do Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics at A-Level then in my second year add on Biology as an AS Level?
Reply 9
Why don't you take Biology in the first year and then drop if in the second year?
Reply 10
nick198929
Hmm ok kk thanks. But can someone please tell me if i can do Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics at A-Level then in my second year add on Biology as an AS Level?

Yes you can but people tend to take biology in thier first year. I was gonna do the same thing but I didn't even need the extra AS for uni.
I think it'd be better to do biology now and then continue it onto A2. Generally you do 4 AS and then drop one so you end up with 3 full alevels and 1 AS; I'd recommend doing 4 because then you're covering your back; extra ucas points are great :smile:
it depends on your school and if its possible to timetable it that way.
in theory, yes, its perfectly possible
Reply 13
Brilliant. Many thanks :smile:
Reply 14
I would suggest doing Maths, Chem, Biology and Physics to AS, and then drop Physics/Maths. You want to maximise your chances tbh.

And if you can't bear to drop Maths/Physics, do them all the A2. You'll be glad of not having the extra AS in your second year, trust me.