Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well i have major depression, which mainly stems back to when i got bullied in secondary school.

anyway, currently my "obsession" is that i want to study hard.
    however, i stop myself because if i have a really good day studying and feel proud, and my parents call me and are in a bad mood... i'll assoicate that bad mood with studying and will not study well in the future.

no im not a troll, this is a genuine problem, i have better things to do then make stuff like this up.

ReputationRep:
    Depression is not something to mess about with - get some professional help to deal with your issues. Obsessive behaviors are not healthy either, talk to your doctor.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFH2eX3lZVA

Watch that, you'll feel better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by streetfighter5)
    Well i have major depression, which mainly stems back to when i got bullied in secondary school.
    Geoff Thompson, the guy I told you about in the thread on overcoming fear, he was bullied at school. He was terrified of getting beat up, in fact he was terrified of most things in life. One day he just decided that enough was enough and he decided to systematically confront everything he was scared of, with fear of physical violence being at the top of his fear pyramid. To confront this fear, he became a bouncer in Coventry which was polled as being the most violent city in Europe at that time.

He went on to become a world class martial artist, he's an expert in his field now, and to think, he use to get bullied at school. He's now a successful author (self defence and self-help books) and has gone into making films. He's trained Chuck Norris in Las Vegas and Ray Winstone has starred in one of his films. Read his autobiography or read the articles on his website, I think you could learn alot from him. I know I have.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.