This discussion is closed.
grandmaster c
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
everyone seems to be applying for oxbridge here. it makes me feel like im under achieving!! I considered applying the oxford for medicine but basically i just chickened out and decided it wasn't the course for me.
Acid_Rain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Warwick, for English Literature

Although I think I'd be happy to go to any of my six unis tbh
theone
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Cambridge (Trinity) for Maths.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm a bit torn because I want to go to LCP (London College of Printing) for it's reputation and it's location to do Journalism, but I would like to do the course I've applied for at Middlesex (Journalism and Communication Studies) but it's not as well respected. I assume though I will go to LCP though, I've already got the necessary requirments and I got on like really well with the lecturer guy
wizard
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
1st Surrey for Economics and 2nd Portsmouth for Economics and Spanish.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by wizard)
1st Surrey for Economics and 2nd Portsmouth for Economics and Spanish.
Yay Pompey
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I'm a bit torn because I want to go to LCP (London College of Printing) for it's reputation and it's location to do Journalism, but I would like to do the course I've applied for at Middlesex (Journalism and Communication Studies) but it's not as well respected. I assume though I will go to LCP though, I've already got the necessary requirments and I got on like really well with the lecturer guy
Can you do elements of the Communication Studies course within journalism at LCP?
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Can you do elements of the Communication Studies course within journalism at LCP?
Yeah there are elements of psychology and communication studies in the course but the other one is a joint one, like you actually have full lessons in Communication Studies, which is pretty much the only lesson apart from where i got to write like articles and stuff that I realy enjoyed.....I am sticking with LCP though
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I want to do maths and psychology at Dundee, 2nd choice is probably Newcastle.

lou xxx
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Is there a straight communications studies course available at LCP?
Soulfish
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Realistically my first choice is Warwick to study computer science, although if I got an offer from Cambridge (Trinity Hall) I’d be putting that down as my firm choice on the UCAS form
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Cambridge hopefully, but York would be nice too (already got an offer from them).
MatthewWxm
Report 17 years ago
UEA to do Politics. Desperately wanna get in at UEA cos of their sporting facilities!
J.S.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
For a Ph.D.

Berkeley
LBS
Cambridge

Not sure about the order.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Hopefully for Comp Sci:

Birmingham or UEA
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Back in the day at the point of applying my first choice was Cardiff - Environmental Geoscience <treehugging greeny> BSc (F630).

Ended up choosing Royal Holloway Env Geosci MSci (F631) after the visits interviews with Edinburgh Env Geosci BSc (4 yr course F630) as my insurance...needed CCC for RH and 18 points overall for Edinburgh...the only offer I had above this level was Durham who wanted BCC and there was no way I was going to chose them as my firm just because they wanted higher grades.

Changed to Southampton Geology with Computer Science BSc (F6G5) after 1 yr (starting from scratch because the course was slightly different and I didn't like the idea of being lumped in with well established cliques and I'd already planned on 4 yrs at uni so it didn't effect my funding in any way).

Changed to Southampton Geology BSc (F600) (dropped the CS as the support for with CS students was non existant and I found myself floundering after one semester, also found out that I was as crap at learning programming languages as spoken languages (although I scraped through the exams through being able to write algorithms in my sleep)).

Just though I'd point out that no matter what you *think* your first choice will be on the point of applying, you can chop and change to a huge extent throughout both the application process and your time at uni (eg I could have switched back up to the MSc geology (F601) but didn't like the idea of the compulsory mapping project I prefer lab based independant work)...nothing is set in stone and the person you are right now could change significantly by the time you graduate.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Hopefully Nottingham for Law. If not, Sheffield.
Allotriophagy
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Cambridge. Failing that, suicide or Birmingham. Probably Birmingham

a.
J.S.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Hopefully Nottingham for Law. If not, Sheffield.
Bhaal-out of what you've applied for, that's a good choice. Best of luck to you, certainly be worth the extra year.
Moochy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
k i applied for

UWE
Bath spa
Bangor
Swansea
Plymouth
Oxford Brookes

to do psychology and with some of them a joint with history

anyway just sharing
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (571)
50%
No (571)
50%

Watched Threads