P.E A level Watch

J_8081
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
just wanted to ask those who are currently doing or have done pe a level. Just want their opinions on the course, what grade their aiming and stuff like that. A lot people say apparently Pe is 'easy' without even taking it.
Woody.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I took PE along with biology, chemistry and maths. (Currently in year 12)

PE is okay, its reputation is going up, it's not a dos by any means, it's a good rounded subject.

PE includes so much, it's like a taster of many A-Levels, you do history, anatomy, psychology, physiology, nutrition and a lot more.

People who say it's 'easy' without taking it are in the wrong. You can look at the specimen yourself, I doubt you'll be able to answer pretty much any of it.

Hope this helps.
helenXxX
Report 9 years ago
hey i am taking it with human biology politics and economics.

yeah i find biology helps it so i dont find it hard to be honest.
it is an enjoyable subjest A2 is harder i guess but not impossible. like woody says there are many aspects to it so it interesting.
dont choose you A levels by how people see it as, choose what you like. but think carefully as some very top unis have it black listed

sorry if this hasnt helped
jimber
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey, I'm taking PE along with chemistry, maths & biology. Aiming for an A.
Its definitely my most enjoyable subject but as said above many people sterotype it to be easy which its not in anyway, this really pisses me (and my teachers) off e.g. my class has had 4 practical lessons since the start as there is so much to learn. Overall if you have an interest in sport and are doing well in the GCSE course then go for it.
J_8081
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
thanks everyone for you output, you've been helpful!!
bjr16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
4 pracitcal lessons thats 4 more than ive had. We have to do all the practical side of it in our own time aswell as theres so much to learn, and suprisingly everyone i know that isnt taking it seems to think thats all we do in our lessons, if only they knew the amount of work there is, but yea its interesting and if you've got a passion for the subject then you'll probably find it fairly easy and enjoyable
jimber
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
haha we've only had 4 sessions to practice our sports that are being assessed, but yeah I'm finding it ok as its the only lesson I actually want to read around the subject for.
HA12D
Report 9 years ago
From almost every single person ive spoke to bout A level P.E they say its an extremely hard subject, ive just sat my gcse in P.E and im pretty sure i have got an A in it however as the course went on i seemed to find it more and more boring, will i be able to do A Level P.e and how hard really is it could some people say wht they got at gcse n wht they got in A level for it, Thanks.
tw68
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HA12D)
From almost every single person ive spoke to bout A level P.E they say its an extremely hard subject, ive just sat my gcse in P.E and im pretty sure i have got an A in it however as the course went on i seemed to find it more and more boring, will i be able to do A Level P.e and how hard really is it could some people say wht they got at gcse n wht they got in A level for it, Thanks.
The physiology and psychology aspects are much harder at A-level, however its doable aslong as you revise the stuff. Also it is fairly easy to score highly in the coursework and practical which can boost your grade. I got A* at GCSE and A at AS Level.
jimber
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tw68)
The physiology and psychology aspects are much harder at A-level, however its doable aslong as you revise the stuff. Also it is fairly easy to score highly in the coursework and practical which can boost your grade. I got A* at GCSE and A at AS Level.
From personal experience practical scores just vary depending on how biased your teachers are lol people from my class got like 20/30 and were told they were the best players at moderation. Whilst less skilled students from other skills were getting 28/30 etc. Our PE teacher is like a head moderator so was real strict
Ads17
Badges: 1
Report 9 years ago
PE is seen as being easy because its done by alot of people who have a high interest in the sport. So they obviously enjoy the subject and excel at it. Just a stereotypical view from "Nerds", nah am just joking about the nerds part
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?