Turn on thread page Beta

Heathrow - Paddington watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I hope this is correct forum.

I am flying into Heathrow from Sao Paulo on the day of the FA cup final on May 30th. I arrive at 15.00. I am supposed to meet some friends in a pub at Paddingoton Station to watch the Cup Final which also starts at 3pm.

My question is, Would I be able to make it from touchdown in Heathrow to Paddington Station before the end of the game using public transport?

Advise on modes and routes would be greatly accepted.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Heathrow Express is £16.90, Heathrow Connect (stopping service) is £6.90. Both go to Pads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Yes. Heathrow Express is £16.90, Heathrow Connect (stopping service) is £6.90. Both go to Pads.
    Coolio, thanks for that! Does anyone know who long it should take to clear customs and pick up bags?

Dont want much do i?:p:

ReputationRep:
    The line at customs can be a lil pain in the ass sometimes. (can be VERY long) Depends on the time of day I guess.

Picking up bags never takes too long though.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about customs/bags but the Heathrow Express only takes about 15 minutes.

Depends less on Heathrow - Paddington as that takes about 15-20 mins depending on which terminal. It is, however very expensive. It's more about the lines at customs and baggage reclaim so it's totally dependent on that, I've spent over an hour and a half at Luton.

You'd have to rush through as soon as you get off the plane though, as the time taken between getting off the plane to getting to Heathrow station may take a little while!

You'll probably miss the first minutes of the game though!

ReputationRep:
    Getting a train to Paddington from Heathrow won't be your problem, this is quick and painless.

Getting from the plane through immigration and baggage control could be painful.

Having experienced the Heathrow baggage lottery I'd say you would be doing well to get to Paddington by 4.30 PM - i.e with barely 20 minutes left in the FA Cup Final.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, take the Heathrow Express, or the slightly cheaper, and slower Heathrow Connect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dob86)
    I hope this is correct forum.

I am flying into Heathrow from Sao Paulo on the day of the FA cup final on May 30th. I arrive at 15.00. I am supposed to meet some friends in a pub at Paddingoton Station to watch the Cup Final which also starts at 3pm.

My question is, Would I be able to make it from touchdown in Heathrow to Paddington Station before the end of the game using public transport?

Advise on modes and routes would be greatly accepted.
    Yh i highly doubt you'd be able to make it before the end of the match. Your plane lands at 3:00, the match starts at 3 so that gives you an hour and a half to get through baggage claim, customs etc. catch the heathrow express/connect and find the pub. Oh and thats not including possible delays with the flight as well.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.