Turn on thread page Beta

Error Bars watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm just doing my blodge coursework and need to justify a point and was hoping someone could help. Positive rep given (Y)

So I've plotted my error bars and they're quite far apart, as in they're not just touching, or close to eachother, but then they're not like ridiculously far apart.

So what does this tell me about my two means? Like I know the more they overlap, the greater the chance that the two means might be the same value. But what about the further away the aerobars are...?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Mars Bars...:ninja:

The closer they are the more reliable your results.

The further they are the less reliable your results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Mars Bars...:ninja:

The closer they are the more reliable your results.

The further they are the less reliable your results.

phaha

and i think it needs to be more detailed/specific thought =/ although I realise you dont know what the cwk is about which makes things difficult

ReputationRep:
    Yeh maybe explain what the two means are and what the hell blodge coursework is lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeC)
    Yeh maybe explain what the two means are and what the hell blodge coursework is lol?
    It's investigating the effect of light intensity on the size of nettle leaves.

One mean is like 7 point something cm, and the other is like 4 point something

ReputationRep:
    Sorry this is really difficult without knowing what is going on more. Are you doing error bars based on the standard deviation or something different? PM if you like I'll give you my e-mail and maybe you can send me the document to have a proper look if you want.

Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeC)
    Sorry this is really difficult without knowing what is going on more. Are you doing error bars based on the standard deviation or something different? PM if you like I'll give you my e-mail and maybe you can send me the document to have a proper look if you want.

Lee
    haha yeah, I can't find much help for this coursework on the internet anywhere, so I'm thinking that maybe we're one of the few schools to do it.
    It doesn't matter, I think I'm getting it now but thanks for your help anyways =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k8t11)
    haha yeah, I can't find much help for this coursework on the internet anywhere, so I'm thinking that maybe we're one of the few schools to do it.
    It doesn't matter, I think I'm getting it now but thanks for your help anyways =]
    No problem, good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 20, 2009

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.