Getting angry all the time. Watch

Tinty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I get annoyed or angry really easily. Its always happened but now its happening more to the people I really care about. I feel really bad, especially if it happens to my boyfriend cos I'm with him most the time and so he gets alot of it.
I am now getting angry at myself for being angry and annoyed. It wont stop and go away.
My boyfriends told me to go to doctors which I have and have pretty much been diagnosed with depression. I'm going to be having counselling, but I went last week and I've had no call or other information.

I really want to change because I'm really starting to hate myself as a person.
I keep saying sorry to my boyfriend but I'm saying it too often.

I'm asking for advice on how I can change.
I dont want to lose my bf because of how I am. I love him so much.

Should I call the doctors to find out about the counselling?
MattRead92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tinty)
I get annoyed or angry really easily. Its always happened but now its happening more to the people I really care about. I feel really bad, especially if it happens to my boyfriend cos I'm with him most the time and so he gets alot of it.
I am now getting angry at myself for being angry and annoyed. It wont stop and go away.
My boyfriends told me to go to doctors which I have and have pretty much been diagnosed with depression. I'm going to be having counselling, but I went last week and I've had no call or other information.

I really want to change because I'm really starting to hate myself as a person.
I keep saying sorry to my boyfriend but I'm saying it too often.

I'm asking for advice on how I can change.
I dont want to lose my bf because of how I am. I love him so much.

Should I call the doctors to find out about the counselling?
Yeah, you should. Recognising a problem + seeking help for it will put you half way towards sorting it out. I've experienced similar problems and what I'd recommend is to try counselling, see if it helps. You might not find counselling to be having much of an effect, if so then you might want to ask the doctor for advice on other forms of help you could get.

Give it a go, see how it goes and good luck!

Hope this helps
Tinty
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thanks. I dont really wanna go talk to someone about stuff. I dont tend to talk to people and always bottled it up.
I'm not a great talker either.
I'm willing to do it but its gonna be wierd
alexa123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Gosh this sounds like me! Ive got better recently but ive gone through stages where ive temp lost friends due to getting angry at those closest to me. It then caused me to be stressed for ages and ages about it and our friendships.
My mum always tried to encourage me to go see a counsellor, but i never went in the end. I sometimes find it hard to talk to my friends because i am the listener. As in i always have friends coming to me for a chat, and i just find it hard to open up to most of my friends and therefore tell them im fine when im not.

Sorry ive rambled a bit off topic there, i say go and talk to someone, it does good and can help release stress and anxiety.
Hope you feel better soon, its horrible to feel like that.
xx
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would definately suggest that you see someone, you have got to the point where you can realise that you have a problem and you obviously know that you need to try and go about fixing it. Counselling can come in many shapes and you will be placed with the right type if you need it. Try and stress to your boyfriend how much you dont want to be this way etc, im sure he will understand he seems to already as he is suggesting you try and get some sort of treatment so he does care for you.
galadriel100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do you live at home with your parents? Whn I lived at home, I was frustrated and angry all the time.

I moved out, to the other side of the world (Australia->Germany) and I haven't been angry in 3.something months!
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What happens in terms of your behaviour when you become angry? Do you become violent or destructive? Sounds like some kind of mild intermittent explosive disorder.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads