References for personal statement Watch

Astin Martin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hello everybody. Im a Year 12 student who is about to start his UCAS application procedure. Ive got a decent amount of work experience outside school but the question is how do references work. Do you have to give a list of these outside references to your school teacher, who would write and approve the whole thing for you. How do you incorporate outside references in personal statement?
Quo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
For me it has been my guidance teacher who has written my reference. It was standard procedure at my school that each pupil's reference would be written by their guidance teacher. I think for people at school it's generally a teacher who writes it for you. And it's only one reference you give.

Check UCAS's site: http://www.ucas.com/students/startap...ly09/reference
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Astin Martin)
Hello everybody. Im a Year 12 student who is about to start his UCAS application procedure. Ive got a decent amount of work experience outside school but the question is how do references work. Do you have to give a list of these outside references to your school teacher, who would write and approve the whole thing for you. How do you incorporate outside references in personal statement?
You don't. Your reference is an academic reference, not a work related one, even if we are talking about work experience that is relevant to your course choice.
MrCynical
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You wouldn't include outside references. Maybe if you were applying as a mature student or something, but as you're still in school there's no reason for not having your reference written by a teacher.
polka_dott
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Use a school reference written by your referee or a teacher that knows you well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Do you have any savings?