The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ilikepiesandstuff
....and think we have been programmed by the state in school?

Can you provide a specific example?

Questioning the state's education policy hardly constitutes racism.
Reply 2
my uncle's racist. i feel sorry for his kid, hope he grows up with a more open minded character
Nick_000
Can you provide a specific example?

Questioning the state's education policy hardly constitutes racism.

Yeah sure...

Errr in reference to the 1/3 of Primary School children speak English as a second language, he sarted claiming the majority of them were spongers and a drain on the system etc...

I constitute this as racism, as it generalises all non-english speaking immigrants.
I think generally, the older generation seem to be more racist than the younger people. Like, grandparents and stuff, it's just the way they were brought up.
My dad is racist, he considers my cousins not family because they are mixed race, he pretends they aren't real.

Also, the man believes bad driving is down to the colour of your skin.
x.Charlotte
My dad is racist, he considers my cousins not family because they are mixed race, he pretends they aren't real.

Also, the man believes bad driving is down to the colour of your skin.

My Dad always says if I marry a black man he would be fine as long as I was happy.

However, I doubt he would act the same way...
Reply 7
In reference to the threat starter, I think by the sounds of that people are too ready to brand people racists, they have a stereotype of certain groups that doesn't make them necessarily a racist. Also as for the drain on the system, many have said that schools are struggling to cope financially when they have a large proportion of students unable to speak or understand English. Thats not racist its an argument based around the allocation of resources. On another note I have known welsh people unable to speak English, its not always to do with race :smile:
ilikepiesandstuff
My Dad always says if I marry a black man he would be fine as long as I was happy.

However, I doubt he would act the same way...

Lucky!
My dad would not consider me his daughter and if I had children he would not consider them his grandchildren.
He is actually an alright man if you ignore the racism :rolleyes:
Reply 9
I think my parent's are justifiably racist towards black people. A group of them did rob our house, stole our car, and rape my 6 year old sister.
my dad is however he likes some people who he is racist about, wot an div lol
and nearly all his customers are of a different race lol
my parents are racist towards blacks and whites.
My 90-year-old grandmother is racist, but I dont think she even realises it. She uses words that whilst you could have used 50 years ago, you couldnt possibly use now for fear of being attacked. But it seems normal to her. Then again she was born in 1918 and in devout Roman Catholic, very white Ireland.
Rubix
I think my parent's are justifiably racist towards black people. A group of them did rob our house, stole our car, and rape my 6 year old sister.

Is this for real or a troll?

If its real, I'm sorry, and hope things are ok now.
My mum is terrible. I get alot of it from her. :colonhash:
Yeah.

They'll mostly die off soon enough, though.
Reply 16
ilikepiesandstuff
Is this for real or a troll?

If its real, I'm sorry, and hope things are ok now.

It happened in one evening, a group of thugs who hadn't owed my dad some money, came to our house ransacked it and bad things happened. Since then, they have hated black people.
Reply 17
My Mum is racist. Not like she would be horrible to their face but she says stuff.
Reply 18
Im not racist, but the majority or ethnic people i have met i don't like. I dont like the way some of them impose their religion on a christian Country
Rubix

It's tragic that that happened, but i dont think that racism is ever justifiable. You can't justify demeaning someone because of their race - because that's what racism is.

Latest

Trending

Trending