What should I do? Boyfriend issues Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Okay, so I've being going out with my boyfriend for a year now and it's been great, we hardly ever argue and I've always trusted him loads. He has lots of girl friends that he's close to, but it's never really bothered me because I didn't think he was the kind of guy, and still don't tbh. But today he was on his phone deleting some texts, and I was sat next to him. I wasn't like spying over his shoulder or anything, but I saw one text that he was deleting was from his best girl mate, and it started '<3'. Now for all I know this could either a) just be the way they talk to each other b) she could have been saying something completley innocent like '<3 I love that film!!', whatever, but it's kinda bugging me and I don't know whether to say anything to him. I know for a fact that she used to really fancy him too so =/ The problem is though I don't want to come across as paranoid/jealous/controlling and if it was something innocent I don't want him to think I don't trust him, but at the same time i'm always told i'm too trusting and naive. Help?
Roxie-ann
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
ok I think your worries are deeper than what you saw in that text like you said she use to like him ,I think the best thing would be is to confront him about how you are feeling this is straightforward and should not cause an agrument if done right (i.e no accusations). Also I dnt think you should mention the text instead just say how you feel and explain why.
honzii
Report 9 years ago
From what ive read, i dont think u should let yourself read into it too much. it could just be the way she texts people - some girls are just uber friendly like that even when they dont fancy the person.
If its really worrying you though, i wouldnt talk to him directly about it as it will create far worse things like trust issues and personal space etc. I would probably just look at his phone when hes in the loo or something - ive done it before when i found out a girl was texting my bf loads lol..
Hana_87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Trust issues always get in the damn way of relationships at our age, they rarely work.
Virus.exe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why do you not have the confidence to just talk to him? If it was my gf, she would snatch my phone off me at an instant, punch me and then scream at me. She's extreme but the least you should do is just ask him without feeling as if you'd come across as being paranoid or jealous. And if you've been with im for a year, it shouldn't be a problem
Fen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I send "<3" to most my friends(mostly guys, girls too) when talking about most things I like. Or making fun of them.
<3 is quite innocent, imho.
k0932741
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well...you've said you trust him, i suppose it's just a question of how much texts that thatwould get to you. You could just ask him about it but say that you trust him, the issue isn't that you think he would act on another girl liking him, but that the texts are a bit inappropriate from her side given that he has a girlfriend. That said I agree that seeing a heart isn't too much to go on. xx
AMZB
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Take a chill pill. This is not a big deal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (280)
27.56%
No (736)
72.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise