Creatine Watch

0cj0
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi all.

I’m currently working on beefing up & tbh it’s not going too well. Although I am putting on weight its very slow progress. So I decided to buy some protein powder & CCE Creatine.

My question is how much water do I need to be consuming each day to avoid the side effects of Creatine? I’m 67KG & 6 foot.

Thanks

Cal
NilsJohan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
At that weight/height I doubt the lacking weight gain is due to no supplements - how much do you eat per day? What kind of program are you on? The best way to get bigger fast for someone who's just started is to do GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) for a while and get on Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5 (for more details on the programs google or see the sticky).

As for creatine and water, I found I was thirsty all the time when I started taking it. Just drink whenever you're thirsty, make sure you always have water accessible, also when you go to bed.. I guess generally there's no rule for how much water you should get per day (except the fashionable 5 glasses and blah blah - they all say different things) so I go by the approach of just drinking when Im thirsty.
bowrofl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
IIRC the guideline is 100ml of water for each gram of creatine you take.
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bowrofl)
IIRC the guideline is 100ml of water for each gram of creatine you take.

WHAT?

So 5g of creatine, a normal amount, requires 1/2 a pint of water?

Go for the 1L of water/1000calories consumed. If the answer comes to less than 4-5L of water, you've got to sort the diet out.
bowrofl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bebbs)
WHAT?

So 5g of creatine, a normal amount, requires 1/2 a pint of water?

Go for the 1L of water/1000calories consumed. If the answer comes to less than 4-5L of water, you've got to sort the diet out.
Well the 100ml water/gram creatine is in addition to your regular diet so I don't really see a problem with it?

You should probably be consuming somewhere around 4-6L of water in total through your entire diet, but assuming you have a proper diet in place already then it should be sufficient to just add 100ml of water for each gram of creatine you take.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (22)
25.58%
No - I got the required grades (53)
61.63%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (11)
12.79%

Watched Threads