The Student Room Group

Confused about entry requirements...!

Is it possible to get accepted to uni with just 2 A levels? Even if I satisy the 200 UCAS points of whatever they are asking for? Obviously I'm not thinking of applying to Oxford here.
Also, last year I did 4 AS levels. I then left school and went to college to do 3 AS levels but I dropped one so I will end up with only 2 A levels. Will my previous results from school count?
What are you planning on studying?
Reply 2
If your AS-levels were certificated, they'll count, and people do get into uni with 2 A-levels, but it definitely puts you at a disadvantage [although less so for points-based offers].
Reply 3
you can provided he uni doesn't specify like 200 ucas point from 3 GCE A levels. But if you call nd speak to admissions most will tell you if theres exceptions, or if it's confusing just call and ask. Find out what you want to do and whereand then make some calls. Good luck =)
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies :smile: I'm not really sure yet what I want to do. I think I'll see if I can do a one year A level next year at the same time as my A2's, but I'm not sure if that would be possible. I'm just really dissapointed that I've ended up doing only 2 AS levels when I'm capable of doing well in 4.
Some will accept 2 AS in place of one A level so make sure you check the requirements.
Reply 6
Yeah it should be fine. I got in (portsmouth, economics) with 2 poor A2's and one poor AS. Just round out your CV a bit, and make sure you have a good PS. Also as you only have 2 A2's when looking at uni league tables you can safely scratch out most of the top half.

Latest