Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who went and who did you support?
    We won by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Missed it this year being away and all! Watched it last year from the 17th floor of Towers! Spot on viewing I say!

What was the score..?

ReputationRep:
    I supported Loughborough.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, what?

ReputationRep:
    oh was this why the Rugby pitch was packed today! huh weird, last years varsity match was much more popular, didn't even see fliars about it this year.. then again I'm not very mobile right now...

and I support loughborough till I die =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Lc~)
    oh was this why the Rugby pitch was packed today! huh weird, last years varsity match was much more popular, didn't even see fliars about it this year.. then again I'm not very mobile right now...

and I support loughborough till I die =)
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    You're thinking about the wrong Varsity.

ReputationRep:
    yeh the rugby varsity is on 28th april and its in Bath this year!

ReputationRep:
    what varsity are you guys talking about then?

ReputationRep:
    I've got my varsity card if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    What?!

ReputationRep:
    Varsity cup. Loughborough IMS vs Nottingham IMS. Rugby football netball basketball and hockey (maybe more though) Top 2 from each uni's IMS play each other and who wins the most matches wins the IMS cup. We won both football both hockey both netball and bill mo beat their IMS winners at rugby. Basketball I don't know. Elvyn (IMS rugby winners) played a team made up of notts 1's 2's and 3rds and lost. Ah well was great day none the less.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, the Real Varsity is Loughborough vs Bath, RUGBY.
    Hence the confusion as to what you were going on about.

ReputationRep:
    In all fairness there was posters and what not promoting the 'varsity' and the freshers wouldn't of known about the rugby one

-x-

ReputationRep:
    I know all about the rugby one... Real varisty is the 2 best teams at rugby, Loughborough and Bath, as opposed to the varsity match which is oxford v cambridge.
    Varsity cup seemed to be Loughborough IMS winners (for certain) against Nottingham IMS (Less certain)

ReputationRep:
    cool! you learn something new everyday! I think I'll officially give up and figuring out sports fixutres/cups/competitions in Loughborough, I can barely keep up with the ones in my club!

but I do feel enlightened

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Lc~)
    cool! you learn something new everyday! I think I'll officially give up and figuring out sports fixutres/cups/competitions in Loughborough, I can barely keep up with the ones in my club!

but I do feel enlightened
    What do you play/do? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    What do you play/do? :P
    wouldn't you like to know =p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Lc~)
    wouldn't you like to know =p
    I'm guessing the question gave that game away

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, i was still on the mind-trap that centered around "The place that used to be Barracuda, that ive only ever been to about twice"

You sporting fools!!

Daniel

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.