Nobody's good enough, not even me! Watch

magic_unicorn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'd say my expectations of people are fine, and although I may have low self esteem that pops up the majority of the time. I get a resentful feeling towards most people, but this has left me feeling very lonely. Even those people who are interested in me I choose to push away- and I don't think its something I can help.

My family I resent and often feel why do I bother with them!

My brothers- don't even make any effort to see me, or care about what I'm up to.
My dad never phones me, its always me phoning him- after me giving in and for my 21st he got a bunch of DVD's off amazon and sent them to me- But I'm seriously considering selling them, because I don't want them.
My friends- i don't feel like they are the friends I want and I feel like as soon as I leave uni, we won't even stay in touch anymore- It's like none of them really even know me.
And a guy who currently likes me, I'm stopping it from even starting, because I'm not attracted to him, even though I don't even know him.

I mess up any type of friendship/ relationship- are their any genuine thoughtful people out there- that I can trust?
This problem I may have makes me feel really depressed!
JayAyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Awww.

I'd say you need to be a little bit more independant and stop being pessimistic about your future. If they were truly your friends, they would still want to be friends with you even if you go different unis.

And about the guy that likes you, I am assuming you don't like him. Does he know about this?

If you ever need anyone to talk to, JayAyy is always here :cool:
magic_unicorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by JayAyy)
Awww.

I'd say you need to be a little bit more independant and stop being pessimistic about your future. If they were truly your friends, they would still want to be friends with you even if you go different unis.

And about the guy that likes you, I am assuming you don't like him. Does he know about this?

If you ever need anyone to talk to, JayAyy is always here :cool:
I don't think me needing to be independent is an issue for me- some might say I need to start relying on people, rather than trying to take control and do everything myself- Better said than done!

Ok,
So how do I tell this guy I don't like him like that, my friends keep telling me to give it a try- so how do I move this into the friend zone, when he clearly wants more- I haven't had a relationship before, so I'm unsure what to do, but I think I think I'd rather be with someone I can connect with.
Or should I give him a chance?
JayAyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by magic_unicorn)
I don't think me needing to be independent is an issue for me- some might say I need to start relying on people, rather than trying to take control and do everything myself- Better said than done!

Ok,
So how do I tell this guy I don't like him like that, my friends keep telling me to give it a try- so how do I move this into the friend zone, when he clearly wants more- I haven't had a relationship before, so I'm unsure what to do, but I think I think I'd rather be with someone I can connect with.
Or should I give him a chance?
I'd say you do ZERO flirting, and show no signs of liking him. When you talk to each other, talk to him as a friend and nothing more. If he asks you out, just say something like 'oh, as friends right?'. He may get the message in the end.
MattHummer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
im trustworthy, so yknow, theres gotta be more people like me out there
neverumind
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:console:
xNishx
Report 9 years ago
Do you think its just a phase?

Why is your relationship the way it is with your brothers?

Why won't you let this guy in?

As for your last question, of course there are, you just need to cut out the people who arent worth it.
magic_unicorn
Rep:
?
(Original post by xNishx)
Do you think its just a phase?

Why is your relationship the way it is with your brothers?

Why won't you let this guy in?

As for your last question, of course there are, you just need to cut out the people who arent worth it.
No its not just a phase, everything I wrote in my first post has always affected me like this, and its often been the same sort of people- though I'll add i do have a couple of friends I feel I can rely on, though I sometimes forget this.

When I see my brothers we have a really good relationship- but I've always been the responsible one and been there for them and I'm realising I rarely got anything back from them- even though I'm the middle child.

I've never really let any guy in- I can't push past this: but I've provided myself the knowledge that just because people say u have to kiss a few toads- I'd rather not!
I too self aware, I'm pretty instinctive and feel like there isn't going to be any connection. Its all rubbish- an I have family and friends expectations- should I really just date anyone- just because they think I should, when fair enough I'd like a guy to share stuff with and be intimate with- but those people I feel like I can connect with aren't avaliable!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads