Marley & Me... Watch

-ch1ck-
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
so...

i just went and watched Marley & Me- thought it was ok, just another film.

A bit annoyed cos the girl sitting next to me started crying for the last half hour of the film. it was kinda emotional but she was actually sobbing, im not even joking!

Anyone else watched it? Did you cry? or am i just being unreasonable?
IndiePixie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I cried when reading the last two chapters of the book. I think watching Owen Wilson for two hours would probably make me cry too
Chloe-Marie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah I saw it! I thought it was good how the dog matured with the family!
I didn't cry, but a lot of people in the cinema seemed to..
I almost cried, but I think it's cause my dogs getting old, so I was thinking about that in relation to the film, the effect Marley had when he wasn't there anymore, so more personal reasons than the actual film!
WoWZa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It was a great film although the book was more emotional in my opinion. There was a woman however a bit emotional after the film It really does teach us to appreciate the simple things in life. w00t.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I saw it today and I'm not ashamed to say that I sobbed It was so sad!

Especially
Spoiler:
Show
when he went missing... I thought that was the death bit! And when he actually got put down. Argh. Reminded me of my Uncles dog, who was exactly like Marley in character, always bouncing around and getting into trouble, then she had a tumor on her back leg and in the space of two months she just lost her spark completly and was thoroughly miserable. Oh, and the bit where he took Marley through the cornfield and asked him to tell him when it was time. Argh!
Enchanté
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I cried.:o:
But that's only because my dog died not long agao. :eek: So seeing that was like =( One of my friends claimed she did as well.
PoliceStory
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This film made me rage, anything interesting that ever happened was never followed, and they still managed to make it half an hour too long.
Vexed
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would be so angry if someone started sobbing near me for the lat half an hour. I would have to say something. Anyway, I enjoyed the film. There were a few tears as people were leaving the cinema. I didn't it find it that upsetting tbh, though I did the book. They advertise it as a sort of family movie; for everyone. But tbf I wouldn't take a young child to go see it considering the adult themes surrounding the plot.
TheLouisVuittonDon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i really liked it, definitely didn't cry though

=]
fanci_bubble
Report 9 years ago
I cried and most of my friends who have watched it said they cried when they saw it
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Vexed)
I would be so angry if someone started sobbing near me for the lat half an hour. I would have to say something. Anyway, I enjoyed the film. There were a few tears as people were leaving the cinema. I didn't it find it that upsetting tbh, though I did the book. They advertise it as a sort of family movie; for everyone. But tbf I wouldn't take a young child to go see it considering the adult themes surrounding the plot.
What adult themes? The only one I can think of is the miscarriage scene and that's like two minutes long :confused:
Vexed
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
What adult themes? The only one I can think of is the miscarriage scene and that's like two minutes long :confused:
stabbing, sex, use of 's**t', '*******', 'son-of-a-*****' and other mild profanities, marital decline, blasphemy, intense arguments lolage, well I dunno, it just didn't really seem family friendly, I mean for young children below 8 or there abouts.
rosie9391
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My eyes started watering when Maley went missing and struggling to get up the steps, it was so sad to see him being put to sleep and when Patrick (i think :|) was asked to say his final words at the burial, saying "he know's" - that just got me

On the other hand, loved the scene when he was hanging out of the car and the poodle haird lady humping scene :P
xwoopwoopx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Was better than I expected but did have the most annoying person sat in front of me. She was sobbing a tad bit too much at the end and laughing hysterically at a lot of parts which were funny, fair enough, but theres a point where you look like a bit of penis to be honest.
Gangsta Boogie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It was horrible for a PG movie in terms of it's content. Kissing every 5-10 mins, actually showing clothed tossing and turning during sex( kids will get the idea), the part where Jen. throws off her top and jumps in the pool then they start kissing in the pool, the swear words which I thought would only show up in 12's e.g. son of a *****, ****. I was strongly thinking it was a 12A, then I found out it was a PG I was a bit shocked. The standards are seriously dropping. I really wouldn't want, say a 7 year old kid watching that. I think they rated it PG because they knew kids would want to watch it because of the dog, yet they knew they were pushing it to a 12A. Well, film directors don't care do they? If they did and had any sort of shame, they simply wouldn't ask an actor to take off their top and allow a fellow actor to stare at them( He must have stared, Americans have no shame and women don't hide if they don't need to). I wonder how the director could have even posed the question to Jennifer Anniston, " Yeh, can you take your top off now?". It's only in America where I think this sort of stuff is PG material.

Rant over
x_emme_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by IndiePixie)
I cried when reading the last two chapters of the book.
Glad I'm not the only one who cried at reading the book.

I know a friend of mine who isn't a dog person read the book and wasn't affected. I think if you're a dog person, or have had experience of saying to the vet can you put this animal to sleep it will affect you much more.

I haven't seen the film yet so I can't really comment on the film
Hana_87
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I loved it and yes i cried.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.74%
No (649)
60.82%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.43%

Watched Threads