Newport Uni- Few questions Watch

Pie_man
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Just went to an interview, had a few questions about the university. But there weren't any students to ask!

Just wondering if anyone could help?

Where does most of the getting pissed, going out etc. happen? Because I noticed that it was quite a long way out of town!

Also where do most of the 2/3 years live?

And whats the uni's rugby team like?

Cheers
Pie_man
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Bumping this....

Got an offer today... just want to know a bit more about it!
RobS1609
Report 9 years ago
I graduated a couple of years ago but it's all still the same up there as when I was there.

Theres a uni bar at Caerleon but events are pretty sparse there, it depends who the Entertainments Officer is and how quickly they spend the allocated funds!
Most of the clubs are in town, there's quite a few different genre's to choose from, some pretty good clubs, some pretty shocking and should be avoided! There's a fair few bars and things in town too but depending where you're from, not sure if it's going to be more or less than what you are used to. What music are you in to?
After your first year, you'll probably move into town as getting home is cheaper, easier access to clubs and house parties. There's quite a few different areas, some are more student friendly. I lived in Maindee which was alright, not that far from town, good close amenities. Wherever you live it'll take you 20mins-ish to walk from town. Some area's are up massive hills though so watch out for that!
Rugby team I have no idea right now what they're like, when I was there they were like any other rugby team really: Loud, Drunk, and Raucous! I'd probably expect more of the same
Hope that helps in some way!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (16)
30.19%
No - I got the required grades (29)
54.72%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (8)
15.09%

Watched Threads