5%
Abstain (7)
35%
This discussion is closed.
daniel_williams
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
M1 - Condemnation of Pakistani Government, Brucetaylor
That this House condemns the actions of Pakistani president Asif Zardari for his government's overt oppression of political freedoms by arresting political activists, banning peaceful protests in the Punjab and Sind regions and threatening to arrest members of the government on charges of sedition.

Regardless of the position of those within and outside of the government, this House supports the rights of the Pakistani people to peacefully protest against its government and rejects any actions by the Pakistani government that attempt to infringe upon these rights.
Grape190190
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Didn't read, don't care, will never do anything other than abstain on a motion.
DayneD89
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Grape190190)
Didn't read, don't care, will never do anything other than abstain on a motion.
preety petty don't you think? Though to be fair I'm starting to see your points about motions.
Alasdair
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
It's hardly been the best example of the genre, has it?
DayneD89
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
true, But I'm still unsure of motions, bespite previously liking the idea. Lets hope the next on is more suited to the genre.
Noémie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
condemning it's too strong and won't help any, i think. maybe i should have abstained, since 4 others have. oh well. too late now.
Matthew_Lowson
Badges: 17
Report 9 years ago
I throw my full support behind this condemnation and as Bruce said in the initial bill, we note the hyocracy of the President of Pakistan in the current climate
qgujxj39
Report 9 years ago
I think a better idea would be to allow people to post brief comments or disagreements on EDMs, rather than have a vote.
daniel_williams
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
the ayes have it, the ayes have it!!! Unlock!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (145)
45.74%
Pro-humanity (172)
54.26%

Watched Threads