Still think about him Watch

Salmon
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
When I was 16 I was mad about a guy in my 6th form, I was quite shy and did finally confess after a year but somehow some girl got with him a week after as he thought I had lost interest :rolleyes: I left school at 18, he stayed on for a year due to resits.

Never heard from him till 4 years ago out the blue he had got my email off someone and we was on msn for 8 hours till 6am. He said he and his girlfriend split a few months before. I sent him the old emails we sent back then and he said I must have thought a lot of him to keep them.

I met up with him, had been seeing my boyfriend nearly a year but he had no idea I liked this guy. When I met him I was the confident person I wished I was back then but I had lost my feelings but he had gained them for me. It tailed off after that and we don't speak now.

I have seen he was tagged on Facebook recently and I can't help but feel jealous as his new girlfriend of just over a year is a bit ugly and did some stirring between me and him. They look so happy in the photos and I feel like I will never get with him, especially as he moved an hour away and has moved on. I have a boyfriend of 4 years so shouldn't feel like this as I love him loads.

Can you forget a first crush?
isawsparks89
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hm..well it's certainly hard :\ I hope a lot of people can back me up on this lol.
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
God no. I still remember being heartbroken, or at least I thought I was, when I was 12.

Sometimes I get over people quicker than others, recently I'm having a bit more luck.
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I guess there is always a place in your heart for someone that you fell for, for the first time. But i think you know in yourself that you need to move on, he has got someone else, you have a boyfriend of 4 years. I would have thought you are two very different people now, and possibly not the same you used to be back then. Concentrate on your current relationship and where that is going, its only fair on your current boyfriend.
Chloe-Marie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tom_tom_tom)
I guess there is always a place in your heart for someone that you fell for, for the first time. But i think you know in yourself that you need to move on, he has got someone else, you have a boyfriend of 4 years. I would have thought you are two very different people now, and possibly not the same you used to be back then. Concentrate on your current relationship and where that is going, its only fair on your current boyfriend.
Agreed.

OP, the guy I fell for when I was 14/15 still means a lot to me, and we're talking 4 years ago now. To me, he'll always be special and I'll always have a place for him. Saying that, it's probably because I still like him... :|My bad..
EmK_89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
your heart and mind can work in horrible ways eh? First guy I properly fell for was one of my best mates and we were 16. But we knew we wouldn't be 'accepted' as a couple so we hid it all behind almost everyone we knew, sneaking out together or into each others houses. But he turned into a right loser and became really stuck up and horrible, and lost alot of his friends aswell. I left him and I hated him but at the same time, theres always a place in your heart someone like him will stay, and it sucks :P
Can you forget a first proper crush? It's probably possible, but I say NO in most situations!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.69%
No (549)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise