Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ok, this is our national union, so how much power do they have?

obviously unions in other areas are able to strike for what they want... but what of the student's union?

what type of political or organisational power do they actually have?

also, do the laws concerning secondary strike action cover the NUS too? ie, if something bad goes down in a glasgow uni, can the londoners protest too?

ReputationRep:
    If they had any brains they'd stop us all getting into debt from our teenage years.

(Original post by Democracy)
    If they had any brains they'd stop us all getting into debt from our teenage years.
    what do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    what do you mean?
    I think they should do more to get the govt to scrap tuition fees.

(Original post by Democracy)
    I think they should do more to get the govt to scrap tuition fees.
    oh righhhtt! Well, I think we should pay for an education and tbh around £3000/year isn't that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    oh righhhtt! Well, I think we should pay for an education and tbh around £3000/year isn't that much.
    And I think we shouldn't :tongue: Debt scares me. Plus it's the principle of the matter, education should not be a commodity...it's perfectly possible to have a a good quality and a free university education.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.