Turn on thread page Beta

Recommend me a post-apocalyptic film watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, basically, I've been watching loads of post-apocalyptic films, like Twelve Monkeys and Dawn of the Dead. I'm pretty much addicted.

Can you recommend me some other good films in this genre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    Hey, basically, I've been watching loads of post-apocalyptic films, like Twelve Monkeys and Dawn of the Dead. I'm pretty much addicted.

Can you recommend me some other good films in this genre?
    28 Days later... good film

Also the sequel: 28 Weeks later (I haven't seen this one so I don't know what it's like)

ReputationRep:
    Snakes on a Plane

ReputationRep:
    Reign of Fire. Good film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    28 Days later... good film

Also the sequel: 28 Weeks later (I haven't seen this one so I don't know what it's like)
    28 weeks later felt like a bit of a rehash, but 28 days later was brilliant

ReputationRep:
    I am Legend.

ReputationRep:
    I have seen all of these :P

ReputationRep:
    Mad Max

ReputationRep:
    Children of Men

ReputationRep:
    Le Temps du loup

ReputationRep:
    Well, there's "Doomsday" which is either really good or really bad, depending on how you look at it. It's like this weird combination of Mad Max, Gladiator and Resident Evil or something. Amusing & entertaining because of how ridiculous it is.

Then there's a really old one called "The Stand" which was written by Stephen King. I liked the first half. It's got that whole "the world has ended" feeling to it, but then it gets a little weird.

I dont' know... you'll either love them or hate them.

ReputationRep:
    Watch 'Stalker'. It's a Russian science fiction movie from the guy who made 'Solaris' (the original, not the George Clooney remake).

It concerns a Stalker (like a ranger, tracker dude) who's hired by these two guys to take them into the Zone, which is this region sealed off by authorities in the future because something very strange happened there and for some reason the rules of physics no longer apply. They request to be taken to the Room, which is in the heart of the Zone, where apparently your one true wish will be granted.

In terms of a post-apocalyptic vision, it is peerless. The whole film is so stark and bleak, and the landscape itself is beautifully shot. It's long, and the pacing is slow, but if you let the atmosphere wash over you it is a very rewarding experience.

Fun Fact: After Chernobyl, they began calling the area sealed off because of fallout 'the Zone', and those that entered 'Stalkers'.

ReputationRep:
    Escape from New York

The day after tomorrow

Just off the top of my head that haven't been named. Post apocalyptic films are truly awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    Watch 'Stalker'. It's a Russian science fiction movie from the guy who made 'Solaris' (the original, not the George Clooney remake).

It concerns a Stalker (like a ranger, tracker dude) who's hired by these two guys to take them into the Zone, which is this region sealed off by authorities in the future because something very strange happened there and for some reason the rules of physics no longer apply. They request to be taken to the Room, which is in the heart of the Zone, where apparently your one true wish will be granted.

In terms of a post-apocalyptic vision, it is peerless. The whole film is so stark and bleak, and the landscape itself is beautifully shot. It's long, and the pacing is slow, but if you let the atmosphere wash over you it is a very rewarding experience.

Fun Fact: After Chernobyl, they began calling the area sealed off because of fallout 'the Zone', and those that entered 'Stalkers'.
    Thank you, I will be watching that very soon. :gthumb:

(Original post by amrizzle)
    Escape from New York

The day after tomorrow

Just off the top of my head that haven't been named. Post apocalyptic films are truly awesome!
    What's escape from new york about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)

What's escape from new york about?
    Basically it's a post apocalyptic "future" 1997 where Manhattan is this giant prison and the president of the USA crashes there and the inmates take him hostage. Don't wanna ruin too much :p:

There's some sort of remake in the pipeline...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.