Turn on thread page Beta

Approaching guys... watch

Announcements

Don't want to seem like this is a psychological question or whatever...I've just done some thinking and I want to get out of this loop... basically, I think it's like this - I find it hard to tell guys I *like*, that I like them. However, guys I want a much shorter-term thing with, I can approach pretty easily...

Just wondering if this means I'm scared of rejection (because with guys I properly like, I'd care about rejection - guys I just pull for the night, I don't care either way) or whether I'm scared of commitment. I can't really work it out. I'm generally quite introverted and although I give another message, I don't do one night stands

Any way how to get out of this, so that I can approach the guys I like without being worried? Say if there's anything unclear. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    It's perfectly normal to be more wary of asking guys out that you can see yourself with long-term because obviously you're more invested in that relationship that you would with a 'fling'. Being invested does mean emotionally and therefore it is the fear of rejection holding you back.

So really, try not to get invested if you can't stand the rejection. It is kinda hard but just asking guys out who you like, anyone, without thinking about it long-term, a one-step-at-a-time sort of thing... just don't take it any further in your mind than a 'first date', and, hopefully, if things don't go right for you, you really won't be too bothered and can move straight onto the next one :tongue:.

Any other suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    She pretty much said it all.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.