Route B UCAS Application Help? Watch

Fran:)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
When I was getting ready to apply my school told me that they couldn't help me with my UCAS as it was route B and I only needed it for 2 places (basically they wanted to help the medicine lot!!)

Anyways I applied as an individual and UCAS made the route B thing seem very complicated! I thought I understood it but it seems I was a little wrong.

I already have places at colleges but now later on I'm really interested in my 2nd choice UCAS route B option which I assumed got sent off with my 1st choice I was wrong as it doesn't get sent off till the 30th March

I am wondering if I have less chance of getting an interview? as it is my 2nd choice and therefore gets sent off later.

Obviously the Uni understand this process and expect offers in the second round however, I'm worried they won't have any places left.

Thanks
Sabinnie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hm well, you are right. Your second choice gets sent off later and you do have less chances at interviews and places, but it doesn't mean you won't get one.

If you have an offer from your first choice Route B your application doesn't get sent off to your second choice at all, as far as I know.
Rep:
?
Well I thought that but then I got told that it did get sent off just after the first choice. But I wont get an offer for my first choice till like May and then it's too late
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by UCAS site)
We will send your application to your first choice, which will decide whether to invite you for an interview and then whether to make you an offer. If you decide to accept the offer, we will cancel your other choices. If you turn down the offer, or you do not receive an offer, we will send your application to your second choice, and so on. We will start sending Route B applications to first choice universities and colleges from 12 February 2009. If we receive your application after this date, we will send it to your first choice as soon as we have processed it.
You're probably best phoning UCAS to see if they can withdraw you from your first choice, which they probably can. Then your application will be sent to your 2nd choice from March 30th, so hopefully they will still be able to make you an offer.
Rep:
?
Thank you
Yeah I already did this the other day, but my interview for my 1st choice is on the 31st anyways so the lady said I should just go to it anyways just to see it again and for experience if nothing else. I'm then hoping to go on a tour of my 2nd choice on the 31st and see it and then make my decision from there. Plus I guess I can talk to my 2nd choice when I go and explain my situation.

I already emailed them and they said they give emails to every person on each round so thats ok if it's true. Plus I guess they must leave spaces etc cos otherwise the Route B system wouldn't work!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (879)
79.84%
Leave (222)
20.16%

Watched Threads