Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there
    I wish to study in the UK and I am 18.I have already done my A levels ( AAAaa) in subjects such as English,Maths,French and sociology at subsidiary level.The thing is that when I completed my UCAS application in Jan I applied for English (at kings durham and warwick) and only law at Manchester.I got all of them ( except for warwick) but now I have declined my offers to apply to Dundee by extra( the english law stream) Do you guys think that it is a wise option?or should I apply in the 2010 cycle?The catch is that I have received a scholarship and I dnt know if I can defer it.What do you guys think?any comments will be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Surely it's just a personal choice... if you would be happy at Dundee go for it, if not then you're best to reapply.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If you genuinely like the look of Dundee then go for it but if you picked it only because it had places in Extra then it would perhaps be better to reapply

ReputationRep:
    ooh i really like dundee.The law course offers me the opportunity to study french as well
    But people have been telling me that I will get better job opportunities if I study elsewhere
    What do you guys think about how important university's reputation is when it comes to lawyers?

Reputation is important. And if it was me, I would reapply next year. Your grades are good enough for anywhere, you might as well have a go at applying for the top universities! But, if you're happy with Dundee then go to Dundee

ReputationRep:
    thank you
    but from what I have read Dundee has a pretty good reputation.
    What do you think about that?
    I am afraid about not being able to take a gap year because of the scholarship

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who cares, I am now a happy bunny doing English law with French at U of Manchester

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 26, 2010

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.