Reply 2
Actually prefer a bit of chub or at least flabby

I don't like skinny or really muscely
Reply 3
I prefer an athletic muscular body

Powerlifter
The two are not mutually exclusive, this poll sucks the failure balls

This x1000.

Weightlifters - muscular athletes. Rugby players - muscular athletes. Rowers - muscular athletes. Sprinters - muscular athletes. Boxers - muscular athletes.

Sensing a trend?
Reply 5
Chumbaniya
This x1000.

Weightlifters - muscular athletes. Rugby players - muscular athletes. Rowers - muscular athletes. Sprinters - muscular athletes. Boxers - muscular athletes.

Sensing a trend?

I thought I was clear that I meant the physical form of the body. By athletic I meant quite slim body (footballers or cricketers?) and by muscular I meant quite large muscular body (weightlifters, basketballers?). So it's basically a question of huge bodies and medium/small sized bodies.
well not all basketball players have huge bodies, i have an athletic and muscular body so i cannot really say either.
Reply 7
lella_m
For males?

Athletic :smile:

Dont lie. you prefer fat balding sweaty old men. fact
Reply 8
Sephirona
I thought I was clear that I meant the physical form of the body. By athletic I meant quite slim body (footballers or cricketers?) and by muscular I meant quite large muscular body (weightlifters, basketballers?). So it's basically a question of huge bodies and medium/small sized bodies.

No, you did not make it clear at all.. you should have said it's a question of huge bodies and medium/small sized in the first place, not muscular or athletic..

Yeaaaaaaaah athletic!
Reply 10
How many of these ridiculous threads do we need? Do a forum search in future.

As has been pointed out, the two are not mutually exclusive; distance runners aside, you won't see many athletes devoid of muscular development.

If you have insecurities about your own body image, this is not the forum for it. If you want a poll of the general public's aesthetic preferences, this is also not the forum for it.
Sephirona

How on earth is that clear?

Relevant definitions of athletic (dictionary.com):

1. physically active and strong; good at athletics or sports.
2. of, like, or befitting an athlete.

Which of these suggests that it means more similar to a footballer than a weightlifter?

Pretty much the only really muscular people who are not athletic are bodybuilders, and even then they are generally capable of some pretty impressive athletic feats.
Reply 12
Chumbaniya
How on earth is that clear?

Relevant definitions of athletic (dictionary.com):

1. physically active and strong; good at athletics or sports.
2. of, like, or befitting an athlete.

Which of these suggests that it means more similar to a footballer than a weightlifter?

Pretty much the only really muscular people who are not athletic are bodybuilders, and even then they are generally capable of some pretty impressive athletic feats.

Sorry for going offtopic but can you give examples?
Sephirona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjtVvYk1HWw

Also didnt he once like squat some pretty impressive weight for like 10 minutes solid or something
Reply 14
Sephirona

Ronnie Coleman deadlifts 800lbs/363KG for 2 reps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1KD7cGRDDc
Caprylate

Dammit, I was going to post that!

I've seen that Platz squat video before - it's awesome. Dude's got phenomenal legs.
Reply 16
I would say both... I voted athletic, but I mean athletic like an american football linebacker or like a rugby player so I'm not sure....
Caprylate

His body makes me sick in my mouth a lil bit.

It may be impressive to lift that much weight but holy hell, he just does not look right at all.
junglemonkey
His body makes me sick in my mouth a lil bit.

It may be impressive to lift that much weight but holy hell, he just does not look right at all.

I agree, but for the purpose of showing that there are top bodybuilders who are seriously strong he's an excellent example. A 360kg deadlift is a huge acheivement.
Reply 19
Ronnie Colemans body is sexy

Latest