This discussion is closed.
Applicant
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Just out of curiosity, how easy/hard is it to change to a different Tripos after the first year if you don't like your course?
hildabeast
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Applicant)
Just out of curiosity, how easy/hard is it to change to a different Tripos after the first year if you don't like your course?
fairly easy i think - not really that sure though. I know it is much easier to change tripos than it is to change courses here.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
UnregisteredP
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Applicant)
Nigh on impossible I would think. That is main reason why you are interviewed, to assess your commitment to your subject
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
reasonably easy, as long as you get a decent mark (2.i) and aren't moving to a course which is too popular.
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
reasonably easy, as long as you get a decent mark (2.i) and aren't moving to a course which is too popular.
Dan, how come you have soo much rep all of a sudden? I'm stuck with 51 measly points...
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Dan, how come you have soo much rep all of a sudden? I'm stuck with 51 measly points...
cos i begged and whored for it
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
cos i begged for it
Joker...I'll therefore take this opportunity to beg for positive rep from anyone you will give me some
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Joker...I'll therefore take this opportunity to beg for positive rep from anyone you will give me some
i will when i can
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Rep is overrated

*Glances at own rep* /o\
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i will when i can
Kind, you are. The force is strong with this one.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Relatively easy, isn't it? We've just had a girl transfer from NatSci to Medicine, and there's a girl on the staircase next to me who's just gone from English to Law. Depends on college and course, I should think.
Unregistered2
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Relatively easy, isn't it? We've just had a girl transfer from NatSci to Medicine, and there's a girl on the staircase next to me who's just gone from English to Law. Depends on college and course, I should think.
So whats their final degree in then? Would it be joint honours english/law for example?
Bhaal85.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Kind, you are. The force is strong with this one.
Yes lol I think for this it is
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85.)
Yes lol I think for this it is
wayhey, fake bhaal
Bhaal85.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wayhey, fake bhaal
No I am the real one who is this imposter?
Bhaal85.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mods remove the imposter he is the one with the higher post count
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
In theory fairly easy, but if you apply with no intention of studying the applied for subject they will probably suss you out. A friend switched from History to Arch and Anth and the History dept were horrible about it. Depends on course and college.
Minta
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Does anyone know if, when you decide you want to change courses, you have to go through the same kind of interview 'admissions' process as prospective undergraduates, or if you can just tell your tutor you want to change and give reasons.

Also, what happens if you start off doing a course that has a 2 year Part 1? Can you just swap after your first year and thus start Part 2 of your second course, or do you first have to complete both years of the Part 1 first ie spend 4 years at uni?
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered2)
So whats their final degree in then? Would it be joint honours english/law for example?
Considering she's only been here about 5 weeks (yes folks, 5th week is over!) I should think she'll graduate in Law in the end, and this start be forgotten.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (63)
51.64%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8.2%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.48%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (32)
26.23%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.46%

Watched Threads