Turn on thread page Beta

Just out of curiosity, how easy/hard is it to change to a different Tripos after the first year if you don't like your course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Applicant)
    Just out of curiosity, how easy/hard is it to change to a different Tripos after the first year if you don't like your course?
    fairly easy i think - not really that sure though. I know it is much easier to change tripos than it is to change courses here.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

(Original post by Applicant)
    Nigh on impossible I would think. That is main reason why you are interviewed, to assess your commitment to your subject

ReputationRep:
    reasonably easy, as long as you get a decent mark (2.i) and aren't moving to a course which is too popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    reasonably easy, as long as you get a decent mark (2.i) and aren't moving to a course which is too popular.
    Dan, how come you have soo much rep all of a sudden? I'm stuck with 51 measly points...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Dan, how come you have soo much rep all of a sudden? I'm stuck with 51 measly points...
    cos i begged and whored for it

ReputationRep:
    cos i begged for it
    Joker...I'll therefore take this opportunity to beg for positive rep from anyone you will give me some

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Joker...I'll therefore take this opportunity to beg for positive rep from anyone you will give me some
    i will when i can

ReputationRep:
    Rep is overrated

*Glances at own rep* /o\

ReputationRep:
    i will when i can
    Kind, you are. The force is strong with this one.

ReputationRep:
    Relatively easy, isn't it? We've just had a girl transfer from NatSci to Medicine, and there's a girl on the staircase next to me who's just gone from English to Law. Depends on college and course, I should think.

(Original post by Helenia)
    Relatively easy, isn't it? We've just had a girl transfer from NatSci to Medicine, and there's a girl on the staircase next to me who's just gone from English to Law. Depends on college and course, I should think.
    So whats their final degree in then? Would it be joint honours english/law for example?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Kind, you are. The force is strong with this one.
    Yes lol I think for this it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85.)
    Yes lol I think for this it is
    wayhey, fake bhaal

ReputationRep:
    wayhey, fake bhaal
    No I am the real one who is this imposter?

ReputationRep:
    Mods remove the imposter he is the one with the higher post count

ReputationRep:
    In theory fairly easy, but if you apply with no intention of studying the applied for subject they will probably suss you out. A friend switched from History to Arch and Anth and the History dept were horrible about it. Depends on course and college.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if, when you decide you want to change courses, you have to go through the same kind of interview 'admissions' process as prospective undergraduates, or if you can just tell your tutor you want to change and give reasons.

Also, what happens if you start off doing a course that has a 2 year Part 1? Can you just swap after your first year and thus start Part 2 of your second course, or do you first have to complete both years of the Part 1 first ie spend 4 years at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered2)
    So whats their final degree in then? Would it be joint honours english/law for example?
    Considering she's only been here about 5 weeks (yes folks, 5th week is over!) I should think she'll graduate in Law in the end, and this start be forgotten.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.