The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
xXxSophieLouxXx
It was alright, i couldn't believe bones was the 9-marker though!

9!, wasn't it 7?
* Dain Bramaged
hey....
could someone breifly answer two question that i couldn't do:
What were you supposed to write for alzheimers?
i wrote APP precursor goes to bamyloid which occurs more if person has the APOe gene
what else can you right?

Also, why does that drug stop extra blood vessels forming in the eyes?

Talk about 42 and 40 beta amyloid. 42 is insoluble. Caused by faulty gene/different allele.

The drug inhibits the factor hormone, which then slows the growth of blood vessels.
Srood
yer i didnt have a clue what to put for that plaque one, and i didnt finish till like 5 mins b4 the end :O
lool i didnt even remember the insert sheet till after we had to stop!!
what was it for?? could i have lost some marks because of it??

it was for a question on how the endocrine system causes gastrin release and one advantage of this endorcrine system.

i think the answer was just stomach expands, gastrin released, makes mucosa/gastric pits make more gastrin...

advantage: longer lasting reaction.
Reply 523
* Dain Bramaged
hey....
could someone breifly answer two question that i couldn't do:
What were you supposed to write for alzheimers?
i wrote APP precursor goes to bamyloid which occurs more if person has the APOe gene
what else can you right?

Also, why does that drug stop extra blood vessels forming in the eyes?

yeah, you wrote the right suff about the plague questoin. did you mention AB42 and e4 allele?

i put that the drug acts as a non-competitve inhibitor, so changes the shape of that factor thing, so it cant carry out its functions
Reply 524
* Dain Bramaged
it was for a question on how the endocrine system causes gastrin release and one advantage of this endorcrine system.

i think the answer was just stomach expands, gastrin released, makes mucosa/gastric pits make more gastrin...

advantage: longer lasting reaction.

oh rite thts ok thts along the same lines as what i put, but i put the advantage as the gastrin doesnt get digested by the stomach
Reply 525
Apart from that indepth Alzheimer plaque question, most of it was pretty straightforward. Alot of analysing data.
no i didnt mention them, didn't know it. might have got about 3 marks then// ? which is alright.

oh right, i put non-compeititve and changes active site, which is probs wrong, also put could be competitive, that it might destrory the factor stuff, might prevent the factor stuffs release?
oh yer and wat about the cholesterol question, where is it positioned?
* Dain Bramaged
oh yer and wat about the cholesterol question, where is it positioned?

I guessed at the outer layer of the phospholipid bilayer. Between the hydrophobic tails.
Reply 529
i left the exam thinking it was okay. now having read other people's answers i feel much better! :smile: i think i did pretty well on it. will hopefully get at least a B in it.
Reply 530
I feel the exact opposite as above ^^

:frown:
hodgey90
9!, wasn't it 7?

I dunno :confused:, i hope so.
Reply 532
xXxSophieLouxXx
I dunno :confused:, i hope so.

i dont know, but i answered it thinking it was a 7 marker. if it was a 9 marker, i dont think i put enough points down to get 9 marks
Reply 533
Beginning of paper was alright loved the essays on para+sympa ns and the bone and last 2 questions were good cholesterol one omg :biggrin:!! did hhd resit in jan stuck in my brain and most of that paper was synoptic tertiarty structure hahaha!!
Honestly it couldn't have been a better paper. Not too easy but easy enough to ensure i got a good grade. I'm so happy :biggrin:
Omnomnom, that paper was ok, i was dissapointed that I learnt far too much infomation that wasn't asked for. But oh well, no more exams evarrr now and it doesn't matter if I get a B! :biggrin: :biggrin: :smile:
hodgey90
i dont know, but i answered it thinking it was a 7 marker. if it was a 9 marker, i dont think i put enough points down to get 9 marks

I dunno... there have benn 9-markers before, i had one on my human health & disease resit.
Reply 537
got 1/5 for the alzheimers question, simply didn't know the theory so I just put Beta Amyloid Protein.. lol- was a difficult one. may have dropped a few marks on others but it was pretty straightforward apart from that one. Should hopefully be an A :o:
Awesomnia
But oh well, no more exams evarrr now

No more exams! Yay!
.... Until uni.
got 1/5 for the alzheimers question, simply didn't know the theory so I just put Beta Amyloid Protein.. lol- was a difficult one. may have dropped a few marks on others but it was pretty straightforward apart from that one. Should hopefully be an A :o:

I think everybody struggled with that question! You expect a question on the symptoms, prevention etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending