The Student Room Group
Reply 1
there wasnt any equations in my sylabus, what board are you?

i just rember all the graphs and stuff, its to do with reducing energy isnt it, which reduces the speed, accelleration etc
Reply 2
yh there arent any eqns...i just dont know how to show it...or going thru the theory of it...

Btw im on OCR
Reply 3
ye i did ocr A like, the theory would be discussing the graphs and relating it to energy then i guess
im doing the exact same coursework - but im not sharing any of it on here anywho.

Have you done M2/M3/M4 maths modules by the way? If you have theres lots of stuff you can use from those.

Just go into google and type in dampened simple harmonic motion/suspension systems/ or whatever and you will have many university help pages - i found an exact plan and help sheet for one of the pracs im doing for it -
Reply 5
The amplitude should decay exponentially
Reply 6
The amplitude decreases exponentially due to the solution of the differential equation (if you dont do maths, dont worry about this fact) just worry about the the coefficients
eg A=Aoe^(-kt) concentrate on k as Ao is the original amplitude eg what height you raised it to.
arrange to get lnA = lnAo - kt the compare with y = c +mx where c is ln Ao and m is -k
I am doing damping in LC circuits. :biggrin:

Latest