The Student Room Group

Google Street View arrives in the UK - is your house on it?

Google's Street View has been updated with panoramic views of all streets in 25 major cities in the UK. The cities now covered are:

Nottingham, Derby, Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester, Bradford, Scunthorpe, Bristol, London, Belfast, Cardiff, Swansea, Norwich, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Birmingham, Coventry, Liverpool, Southampton, York, Cambridge, Oxford

To find your house on street view, search for the postcode, then drag the little yellow person from the left hand side, onto your street.

More info (BBC article)

Link to Google UK Street View

Is your house/residence on it?

Scroll to see replies

Haha! It is indeed, but they hadn't quite finished building it when the picture was taken (so it was taken more than 9 months ago...)
Reply 2
It's launched! In more cities than I thought!
Reply 4
yep my house is on it.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=848657

same thread exists anyway, but my house isn't oon it, methinks the primary school on our road maybe prevented them from taking the pics or something
Reply 6
Nah, mine isn't.
Wicked!
haha
whoop i see my house!!!
No, mine isn't. They don't even have Portsmouth on there?WTF.
Waheeey finally *looks* No it's not. There's only a few roads done <_<

For some reason Havering stops at Romford according to them :s-smilie:
Nope, you have to zoom out as far as Machester. My Leeds house is though :smile:
Reply 12
OMG! Shows my house perfectly.
Reply 13
Midlands :nope:
Nope, mine isn't on it. :frown:
My uni accommodation is on there but there's nowhere near to my house lol (except Cardiff, but that isn't exactly close).

EDIT: I'm finding being able to see these streets really creepy btw :s-smilie:
Nope neither of my houses is on it. And my uni isnt on it either.

:emo:
Reply 17
Yup, how did they get all the photos of our houses - did they literally just send a van up the road to take pics?
Reply 18
I'm in the midlands, so unfortunately no. Though, I do enjoy browsing around different universities :smile:
No, mine isn't. None of the roads in my area seem to be.

Latest

Trending

Trending