Turn on thread page Beta

How to get bigger forearms !!!?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    With summer round the corner, and the polo tops coming out, it is good to have nice, toned forearms. How to do it ??

ReputationRep:
    lift some free weights, deadlifts, bent over rows, chinups, pullups (varying grips), bench press, dips, barbell curls if you must, these will make your forearms grow as well as your other muscles as your grip is challenged holding onto the weight.

maybe some sledgehammer work, rope climbing, climbing/bouldering, parkour.

ReputationRep:
    Deadlifts, swing a sledgehammer around. Anything that taxes your grip a lot or requires you requires you to work against resistance to move your wrists around.

ReputationRep:
    All of the above plus:
    -Heavy farmers walks
    -Towel pullups
    -Gripper work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    ****. With both hands. I'm serious about that as well.

(Not both hands at the same time though )

tbh ive done that for years and before weight training I didn't notice any improvement

heavy deadlifts all the way.

(american accent)

POWERBALL!

ReputationRep:
    Join a gym and eat decent food and your body should start to change after a couple of months

ReputationRep:
    Rock climbing all the way. If you haven't got a wall nearby these are great for use at home;

http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/rock_rings.html

Have made my forearms much bigger, not as much fun as actually climbing though!

ReputationRep:
    Rock climbing's the best by far.
    If you haven't got a wall nearby, buy some metolius rock rings, they're about £35 and work wonders for the forearms.

ReputationRep:
    Erm these for sure:
    http://www.londonkettlebells.com/captains-of-crush.html

ReputationRep:
    Play Bass.

ReputationRep:
    any form of weights which requires you to have a firm grip is building your forearms in addition to the other muscle groups

ReputationRep:
    Do the mashed potato over and over again.

ReputationRep:
    Rock climbing.

ReputationRep:
    Some of you are missing the obvious point here....but make sure you try and alternate which hand you use... as its forearmS and not just forearm

ReputationRep:
    Agree with chinups, deadlifts, bent-over rows and bench presses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    Some of you are missing the obvious point here....but make sure you try and alternate which hand you use... as its forearmS and not just forearm
    I would expect the OP to realise that, as the title of the topic states "forearms" and not "forearm".

I haven't seen anyone advocate only exercising one arm.

ReputationRep:
    You've still missed the point it appears, is anybody on the wavelength of the self-pleasuring sarcasm I am eluding to or shall I explain myself simply?

(Original post by bigman_ben)
    You've still missed the point it appears, is anybody on the wavelength of the self-pleasuring sarcasm I am eluding to or shall I explain myself simply?
    If you're looking to pick up a few warning points then feel free, as I'm a wee bit bored of removing the (obvious and not remotely funny) sexual references from this thread.

First few posts were right on the money.

ReputationRep:
    pfft, do what you like

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.